pixeltracker

Looking for wedding ceremony song- Page 2

Looking for wedding ceremony song

dissimilate
#25Looking for wedding ceremony song
Posted: 6/25/16 at 1:27pm

“You Matter To Me” from Waitress. Very new (therefore original), is perfect for piano and cello, and just so meaningful. Try the concept album version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU1gKmZYFVc

Updated On: 6/25/16 at 01:27 PM

willep
#26Looking for wedding ceremony song
Posted: 6/25/16 at 1:44pm

"Falling Slowly" from Once would be beautiful on piano/cello.

Ellen2
#27Looking for wedding ceremony song
Posted: 6/25/16 at 1:58pm

willep said: ""Falling Slowly" from Once would be beautiful on piano/cello.

"

I was going to suggest 'Gold' from Once Looking for wedding ceremony song

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#28Looking for wedding ceremony song
Posted: 6/25/16 at 2:12pm

I've thought "Song of a Summer Night" from Most Happy Fella would be perfect to walk down the aisle to for several years now.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

broadwayboy223
#29Looking for wedding ceremony song
Posted: 6/25/16 at 3:04pm

Wedding Bells from The First Wives Club! (I'm only kidding a little bit) I love the suggestions given already though. They are all great choices. 

#30Looking for wedding ceremony song
Posted: 6/25/16 at 6:28pm

Although this isn't from a show, it has been recorded by Barbra Streisand, though I prefer the performance by Kevin Dozier, "On My Way To You," especially if the two getting married aren't kids.  Here's a video of Kevin singing it (he actually has more views that Babs) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcKeWVPBtMY

it's written by the Bergmans and Michel Legrand, so it has theater cred.  It's NOT easy to sing -- you need real pipes to do it well.  It's on Kevin's album "Love-Wise" with a gorgeous arrangement by Christopher Marlowe.  

I just checked and Kevin's studio recording is at iTunes -- the arrangement has oboe and cello and piano -- it's really gorgeous -- though you'll see that with just piano it works fine -- as long as you have a first rate singer.  Good luck!