pixeltracker

Stephen Schwartz's Epic 1988 Daytime Emmys Opening Song

Stephen Schwartz's Epic 1988 Daytime Emmys Opening Song

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#1Stephen Schwartz's Epic 1988 Daytime Emmys Opening Song
Posted: 6/25/16 at 5:22pm

On the various soap opera forums I used to post on (RIP AMC and OLTL Stephen Schwartz's Epic 1988 Daytime Emmys Opening Song ) this hilarious opening song video was always a fave.  I only recently learned Schwartz wrote it (and here I wondered how he spent the 1980s--apparently a lot of coke was involved).  Anyone know the singer?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WemmnUZSyRw

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#2Stephen Schwartz's Epic 1988 Daytime Emmys Opening Song
Posted: 6/25/16 at 6:32pm

well that was truly weird as hell. how can I get that 7 minutes back?? lol. their hair was insane. I've also wondered what the heck Schwartz was up to in the 80's, but clearly I wasn't missing out.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#3Stephen Schwartz's Epic 1988 Daytime Emmys Opening Song
Posted: 6/26/16 at 1:57am

I think "Epic" is a stretch, it just goes on and on!! Of course I was not watching soaps in 1988 so I'm sure any jokes and references were lost.

The song sounds like a store brand of those very very 80's Maltby & Shire anthems like from BABY or CLOSER THAN EVER.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#4Stephen Schwartz's Epic 1988 Daytime Emmys Opening Song
Posted: 6/26/16 at 2:33am

"Epic" means very long!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#5Stephen Schwartz's Epic 1988 Daytime Emmys Opening Song
Posted: 6/26/16 at 12:08pm

Anyone know who is playing the reporter?  (poor woman had to sing centre stage, surrounded by all those soap stars!)