She Loves Me streaming

ebontoyan
#275She Loves Me streaming
Posted: 12/2/16 at 2:39pm

I have read on the Allegiance fb page people commenting they have bought their advance tickets and some theaters have sold out they couldn't get tickets!  I have not bought my ticket but plan to watch. The theater in Iowa that show the Fathom events usually only have 5-10 people watching (except for Miss Saigon where theater was half full)  We'll have to wait and see

Dollypop
#276She Loves Me streaming
Posted: 12/2/16 at 5:01pm

What is ironic about these screenings at the Holtsville Cinema is that they have assigned seats. Yup! 12 people in the theater but we had to sit in the seats we chose at the cashier's window.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

ScottInLA
#277She Loves Me streaming
Posted: 12/2/16 at 5:30pm

I saw it in Burbank, CA.  The theater was pretty full--I came in at about five till, and had to go down to the front section of the movie theater.  I saw the production in NYC this spring, and was very glad to get to see it again.  I thought the editing was pretty clean--there was one point while watching that I thought "oh, this looks like an edit", but I can't even recall what that was now.  I'm not one to applaud a filmed production, but the crowd there did, pretty enthusiastically. 

Wicked Fanatic said: "I didn't like some of the shots when they were really close up as all the men who were tall their top of their heads were cut off on the screen.  Don't know whether that was because of the screen they used perhaps not having it in the correct ratio."

I felt that way too.  I think it may have been a combination of the big screen and my sitting close to the front, but a couple of the shots really seemed strange like that.  At one point, I felt like I was kneeling in front of Gavin Creel, with him splayed out before me the entire height of the screen (not that that would be a bad thing at all...)

Emmaloucbway
#278She Loves Me streaming
Posted: 12/2/16 at 8:52pm

There were about 16 people (myself included) at the screening I attended.

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#279She Loves Me streaming
Posted: 12/3/16 at 5:12am

The show is now available online again in BroadwayHD's catalogue:

https://www.broadwayhd.com/index.php/shows/watch/she_loves_me

Wayman_Wong
#280She Loves Me streaming
Posted: 12/6/16 at 12:11am

If you're a fan of ''She Loves Me'' and live in the Bay Area, I heartily recommend the new revival of it at San Francisco Playhouse. It stars Jeffrey Brian Adams and Monique Hafen as Georg and Amalia, the feuding clerks and secret pen pals. In real life, Jeffrey and Monique are a romantic couple, and their adorable love story rivals the very one they play onstage. I asked them if they had seen the live-streaming version of the Broadway version, starring Laura Benanti and Zachary Levi. They missed it, and wanted to see the Fathom Events presentation on Dec. 1, but they had a conflict: They were doing ''She Loves Me'' that night!

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/page/regional/sanfran/

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#281She Loves Me streaming
Posted: 12/6/16 at 12:43am

I'm really looking forward to seeing it for my birthday in a couple of weeks. I've been a big fan of both of them for years. She was the best thing about City of Angels and he was irresistible in Dogfight.

I suspect that the Roundabout revival will be the best production I'll see of this most charming of musicals, but I always enjoy SF Playhouse productions and eagerly await being transported by this delightful show once again!

Updated On: 12/6/16 at 12:43 AM

Whateverjsays
#282She Loves Me streaming
Posted: 2/2/17 at 4:57am

Was there ever any news if this would get a DVD release or not? I saw the live stream and in theaters so I wouldn't object to a DVD release too

Latest Posts