News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ebontoyan

Member Name: ebontoyan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Egot  Sep 10 2018, 06:57:58 AM
Yes Legend was a producer of the show. And 3 other winners there were from his production company, which he recognized in the “green” room.

I think Legend had been very smart in getting his EGOT. His Tony and Emmy wins were as a show producer

Lea Michele Back To Broadway?  May 3 2018, 01:48:58 PM

Tag said: "Her TV show just got cancelled, she is looking for work!

She has her summer concert tour coming up with Darren Criss.
"

True, but that's short term ("summer"  And I don't think they will be in big concert venues

Lea Michele Back To Broadway?  May 3 2018, 01:39:24 PM

Until this new project is announced by other people involved and mention her,  I tend not to believe anything she says.  She is very much into self promotion.  Her TV show just got cancelled, she is looking for work!

Did  Mar 5 2018, 02:24:02 PM

Pasek and Paul won this same category (Best Original Song) in last year's Oscars for a song from La La Land.  I doubt Oscars wanted to give them back to back Oscars so soon unless their song blew the competition way.  Looks like it did not.  But Keala Settle really sold that song

Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut  Jan 22 2018, 03:03:51 PM
Can she act??! I cringed when she was not singing/dancing in Smash. Never heard/seen her in her “new” TV show
Anastasia or Miss Saigon?  Dec 19 2017, 12:53:14 PM

Lot666 said: "ebontoyan said: "I have seen this revival 2x once in the West End and the other time in Broadway both times excited to see Eva as Kim. Just my luck I got Kim understudies in both shows! I will say I didn’t miss anything from seeing understudies!"

If you've seen it twice and the understudy was on both times, how do you know you "didn't miss anything" by not seeing Eva Noblezada?
"

I saw the show, I sti

Anastasia or Miss Saigon?  Dec 18 2017, 03:25:59 PM
I want to put in a good word for understudy Kim. I have seen this revival 2x once in the West End and the other time in Broadway both times excited to see Eva as Kim. Just my luck I got Kim understudies in both shows! I will say I didn’t miss anything from seeing understudies! Lianah Sta Ana, the Broadway understudy was amazing! Miss Saigon is Miss Saigon whoever plays Kim!

I have seen original Miss Saigon with Lea Salonga (and others) as Kim. Lea is the ultimate Kim for me, But s

Grammy Award for Best Musical Theatre Album 2018  Nov 29 2017, 11:45:25 AM
So what TV projects are they working on for P&P to get an Emmy for the EGOT??!
Which original casts have you seen?  Sep 5 2017, 05:20:03 PM

Recent shows I liked:

Hamilton

Something Rotten

Groundhog Day

Come from Away

Rocky

American Psycho

Amazing Grace

Allegiance

On your Feet

Meh shows:  Waitress, School if Rock, Dear Evan Hansen, The Great Comet

Which closing show would you choose to attend - Groundhog Day or Bandstand?  Aug 31 2017, 05:37:39 PM

Making a trip to NYC for GHD final weekend! I am sad it is closing but excited to see it 2x that weekend. I've already seen it 2x in June 

I think I can fit in Bandstand in one of the weekend slots.  I haven't been yet

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11  Aug 11 2017, 04:51:36 PM

Folks have positive feedback in Facebook and Twitter, so there's still that

Fun Home Tour  Jul 29 2017, 04:03:07 AM

I wish you could actually walk out of this show but unfortunately there was no intermission! Finally saw it on tour and don't regret not seeing on Broadway!

Help! What Show Do I See?  Jul 20 2017, 11:47:51 AM

Groundhog Day

Amazing Grace Non-Union Tour  Jul 20 2017, 11:21:56 AM

Good for those involved to try to make their show work on the road.  I love this show and saw it in Chicago (tryout) and NYC.  I wish it was in the season tix package in Des Moines, IA, replace Waitress in the package which I have no interest to see again! 

Outside of the message boards  Jul 18 2017, 05:37:20 PM

Des Moines, IA.  I make 2-3 visits to NYC each year to watch shows.  For some reason for several years one of the trips fall in Jan until 2016 when we got caught in the blizzard and shows were cancelled on a Saturday.  I think May-Nov are now the good times to visit ??

I won the Lottery tonight for Groundhog Day and...  Jul 15 2017, 12:51:01 AM

I love this show.  My best of the season. I saw it 2x in one weekend visit to NYC.  To each their own

Favorite Cast Recording of the 16/17 Season?  Jun 28 2017, 09:35:05 PM

Groundhog Day and Come from Away

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/17  Jun 27 2017, 05:37:54 PM

Maybe give GD a chance.  I think it's one of the best shows this season, despite the Tony presentation, which I actually loved! Andy Karl is putting on quite a performance!  I saw it 2x the weekend before Tony weekend and just loved it!

We're not allowed to talk about Ben in Marc's shows?  Jun 27 2017, 05:18:54 PM

Marc Platt produced LaLa Land for which Pasek and Paul won an Oscar.  With their Tony win and I think they already have a Grammy (if not they will win for LaLa Land or DEH cast recording) voila they are 75% of their way to an EGOT.  Marc Platt deserves to be thanked.  They even beat Lin Manuel for the Oscar so he can complete his own EGOT!!!

Miss Saigon????  Jun 27 2017, 02:13:34 PM

I have seen many versions of Miss Saigon (from original Broadway to revival West End and Broadway and others in between (touring and local productions) and that scene in the helicopter to me has always been John forcing Chris to get on the helicopter, while Chris is yelling Kim's name.

Also he is married to Ellen, while to Kim it is a pretend marriage I see how he is staying with Ellen.  Chris loved Kim while he was in Saigon and even years after.  I think in the show Chr

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You