pixeltracker

Sierra Boggess' School of Rock Replacement- Page 2

Sierra Boggess' School of Rock Replacement

mailhandler777
#25Sierra Boggess' School of Rock Replacement
Posted: 7/29/16 at 10:45pm

RippedMan said: "What happened to her?! Where's she been?"

She was Glinda on the Wicked 1NT 3yrs ago plus has been doing shows in Chicago. She also had a baby last year. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#26Sierra Boggess' School of Rock Replacement
Posted: 7/29/16 at 11:27pm

Should have been Mamie Paris.  I saw her play the role in previews and she was EXCELLENT.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#27Sierra Boggess' School of Rock Replacement
Posted: 7/29/16 at 11:31pm

Oh cool! Yeah, I felt like she was the IT girl for a few season with Tarzan/Wicked happening. Glad she's back! Think I'd enjoy the show more without Sierra. She's not bad, but the role didn't suit her. 

BeNice Profile Photo
BeNice
#29Sierra Boggess' School of Rock Replacement
Posted: 8/24/16 at 5:04pm

Saw this this week again. Jenn is much better than Sierra Boggess but no one will be as funny or as perfect as Sarah Chase was in that role when I saw it at the Gramercy. Turned a supporting role into a highlight. I hope she'll get a stab at it on Broadway (but heard a rumor she's doing Romy & Michelle...) Show is in great shape. Alex is on fire and those kids!

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#30Sierra Boggess' School of Rock Replacement
Posted: 8/24/16 at 5:32pm

"Show is in great shape. Alex is on fire and those kids!"

I agree, saw it last Saturday night and it was fantastic.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#31Sierra Boggess' School of Rock Replacement
Posted: 8/24/16 at 6:53pm

I saw the show on Saturday matinee last week and I knew Jenn was perfect for the role from the minute I heard she was going to do it and she did not disappoint. I feel like Jenn brought all the humor that Sierra lacked while singing it just as beautifully and nailing the belting in "Where Did the Rock Go". I saw Jenn with Will Blum, and they played off each other wonderfully and Will is a fantastic Dewey and has gotten even better since I saw him in June (which given how wonderful he was to begin with is saying something). I just love this show and the kids are just so incredible with their instruments (also vocals, especially Bobbi Mackenzie as Tamika). There was a tech hold due to a problem with the automation following "Time to Play" into the faculty meeting scene which prompted Will's emphasis on "What is THIS meeting about" as well as a hilarious ad lib from Jenn about "being kept waiting LONGER than usual". 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 8/24/16 at 06:53 PM