pixeltracker

Hamilton Performance Added! Tix Just released! Nov. 6th- Page 3

Hamilton Performance Added! Tix Just released! Nov. 6th

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#50Hamilton Performance Added! Tix Just released! Nov. 6th
Posted: 11/1/16 at 7:39pm

Sidenote: The Actors Fund, which the evening performance benefits, is doing a giveaway for the front row for the 7pm performance on Sunday, November 6th.

https://donate.actorsfund.org/hamilton-ticket-giveaway

Updated On: 11/1/16 at 07:39 PM

DreamboatAnnie
#51Hamilton Performance Added! Tix Just released! Nov. 6th
Posted: 11/1/16 at 9:40pm

Javier Munoz tweeted about a month ago that he would perform the November 6 evening benefit.  I haven't found any info on other actors that day, either show (and cannot now find on official site which shows Luwoye regularly plays Hamilton). Will post if I learn more. Taking some family at 1pm. All are super excited!

WDBNYC2
#52Hamilton Performance Added! Tix Just released! Nov. 6th
Posted: 11/1/16 at 10:54pm

They are assigning a value of $1,500 to these "free" tickets, which is taxable income and will produce a 1099 form.  No thank you.

sorano916 said: "Sidenote: The Actors Fund, which the evening performance benefits, is doing a giveaway for the front row for the 7pm performance on Sunday, November 6th.

"

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#53Hamilton Performance Added! Tix Just released! Nov. 6th
Posted: 11/2/16 at 10:43am

WDBNYC2 said: "sorano916 said: "Sidenote: The Actors Fund, which the evening performance benefits, is doing a giveaway for the front row for the 7pm performance on Sunday, November 6th.

"

They are assigning a value of $1,500 to these "free" tickets, which is taxable income and will produce a 1099 form.  No thank you."

Does that still happen if an anonymous donor underwrote the tickets at the $1,500 value each, as mentioned in the link? Wouldn't that be the same as a really rich man buying out the front row & giving the tickets to his friends? His friends wouldn't pay the taxes.. as he already is paying for those taxes.

Updated On: 11/2/16 at 10:43 AM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#54Hamilton Performance Added! Tix Just released! Nov. 6th
Posted: 11/2/16 at 11:14am

How do we know the rich man paid taxes on the purchase? It would be considered a charitable donation and, thus, tax exempt. I assume.

I entered without reading the fine print, which was right there, and in the unlikely event that I win, I'll pay the taxes!

Updated On: 11/2/16 at 11:14 AM

WDBNYC2
#55Hamilton Performance Added! Tix Just released! Nov. 6th
Posted: 11/2/16 at 6:07pm

You do realize this equates to hundreds of dollars, depending on your tax situation?

macnyc said: "How do we know the rich man paid taxes on the purchase? It would be considered a charitable donation and, thus, tax exempt. I assume.

I entered without reading the fine print, which was right there, and in the unlikely event that I win, I'll pay the taxes!

"

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#56Hamilton Performance Added! Tix Just released! Nov. 6th
Posted: 11/2/16 at 6:40pm

Yes, that's true. If I'm in the 27% bracket, it would be $405.

But I guess the Actors Fund benefits indirectly.