pixeltracker

Crowd-sourced version of "Rush Report" (update: first report published!)- Page 2

Crowd-sourced version of "Rush Report" (update: first report published!)

aaaaaa15
#25Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 8/19/16 at 12:39am

We can only hope.

isaac.evans
#26Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 8/19/16 at 8:03am

Thanks, guys! And thanks for the reports that have been submitted thus far. I'll definitely do a report Monday, 8/22, and I'm hoping to start getting more and more responses so it's more accurate. Keep them coming over the weekend!

BroadwayCrowdsourced - The New Rush Report: www.broadwaycrowdsourced.wordpress.com

somechrysanthemumtea Profile Photo
somechrysanthemumtea
#27Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 8/19/16 at 8:06am

Thank you for this idea - of course, if you have the time, theatremonkey has an excellent system of a table with individual experiences listed for each show in chronological order, with older entries archived. That might be easier to try and see a general trend, or see when a show was last reported on, without having to scroll through many posts.

I'm going to NYC at the end of the year and plan to rush lots of shows - I'll definitely be sending you my reports!

isaac.evans
#28Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 8/19/16 at 8:28am

Thanks! And yes, I want to get this very basic version developed first, but my hope would be to eventually have it update live, maybe with an app or something like that. We'll see!

BroadwayCrowdsourced - The New Rush Report: www.broadwaycrowdsourced.wordpress.com

isaac.evans
#29Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 8/22/16 at 9:36am

The first rush update is up! https://broadwaycrowdsourced.wordpress.com/

Feel free to check it out and share so we get even more accurate reports for next week.

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#30Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 8/22/16 at 5:40pm

Submitted 2 responses with weekend experiences. Thank you for doing this!

isaac.evans
#31Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 8/29/16 at 10:34am

Thank you for participating! This week's updates are up and highlighted in blue. https://broadwaycrowdsourced.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/rush-update-august-29-2016/

somechrysanthemumtea Profile Photo
somechrysanthemumtea
#32Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 8/29/16 at 10:54am

Thanks for doing this - is there any way to get more specific data, aka actual seat numbers and specific dates? That's what helps me most when I'm trying to see which days I should try to rush shows.

isaac.evans
#33Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 8/29/16 at 3:14pm

I'm usually not given the specific seat numbers, and often not the specific days. Do you have a specific question though? I can look at the spreadsheet and try and give you some better answers. 

isaac.evans
#34Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 9/7/16 at 12:27pm

This week's rush update is up, albeit a day late. Apologies for that! Thanks for the great submissions this weekend.

isaac.evans
#35Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 9/12/16 at 9:55am

Update posted - has anyone rushed Something Rotten lately? Would love to see an update on that.

Hairspray0901
#36Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 9/12/16 at 10:45am

I was looking at Playbill's list of current rush and lottery policies and noticed they have started reporting on arrival times and chances of getting tickets:

http://www.playbill.com/article/broadway-rush-lottery-and-standing-room-only-policies-com-116003

For example, under The Humans it says "AS OF 9/7: First Person in Line: 9:00. About 25 more people in line at 9:45. Number of lottery tickets available: Subject to daily availability Seat locations: Determined at the discretion of the box office." and under The Color Purple it says "AS OF August 29: First person in line: 6:00am, Last person to purchase tickets: 10:15 Most of line not served tickets that day" etc.

Updated On: 9/12/16 at 10:45 AM

isaac.evans
#37Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 9/19/16 at 12:31pm

Interesting! In any case, still published this week. 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#38Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 10/26/16 at 5:21pm

Wondering if this will be updated soon? Coming in town this weekend and hoping to rush for Natasha/Pierre!

loveinnewyorkcity Profile Photo
loveinnewyorkcity
#39Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 10/26/16 at 11:34pm

Jshan05 said: "Wondering if this will be updated soon? Coming in town this weekend and hoping to rush for Natasha/Pierre!

"

I've heard Great Comet isn't a terribly hard rush to get. Someone who lost the lottery showed up to the theatre maybe an hour before curtain and got rush-priced tickets in the back of the orchestra. I don't think they were actually the rush seats, but they gave her the rush price. That's actually happened to me a few times recently: during the closing week of An American in Paris and at Beautiful.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#40Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 10/27/16 at 12:38am

loveinnewyorkcity said: "Jshan05 said: "Wondering if this will be updated soon? Coming in town this weekend and hoping to rush for Natasha/Pierre!

"

I've heard Great Comet isn't a terribly hard rush to get. Someone who lost the lottery showed up to the theatre maybe an hour before curtain and got rush-priced tickets in the back of the orchestra. I don't think they were actually the rush seats, but they gave her the rush price. That's actually happened to me a few times recently: during the closing week of An American in Paris and at Beautiful.
"

Oh that's good to hear! I got worried on the great comet thread when someone mentioned a heavily sold show one evening and only a handful of people got tickets. Maybe I'll call the box office tomorrow and see what time they recommend. Thanks!

Bekelly913
#41Crowd-sourced version of
Posted: 10/27/16 at 10:58am

Any updated info on this? 

Was hoping to rush The Color Purple soon- gotta see Jennifer Holliday!

I think I'm just going to have to get there at like 6am to be safe.