News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for somechrysanthemumtea

somechrysanthemumtea Profile Photo
Member Name: somechrysanthemumtea
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I see bells...

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Dec 20 2022, 04:53:33 PM

Hi all! Did the cancellation line last Wednesday (14 Dec),  so I’m here to chime in with my experience on the cancellation line for their first ever Wednesday matinee! (Which was coincidentally the longest cancellation line they’d seen yet!)

I arrived at 9.30am, and was 5th in line, 6th arrived a few minutes after me. The first three came around 6am, and the person before me came about 9.20am. A few more people trickled in before 10am; but most people got to the theatr

A Strange Loop Rush/Lottery  Apr 26 2022, 01:14:06 AM

littletriangleco said: "I just rushed today (Mon 25 Apr). Got there 8:30am and was 2nd in line (person before me was 7:30am I believe). 3rd person got there maybe 8:50am, 4th person not too long after that. By 10am I'd guess there were about 10-15 in line?"

Rushed today, too! Got there at 9:45am, was 8th in line. By 10am, there were 12 people in line. I got Orchestra Row F 13 & 15 - partial view, but barely missed anything. 

Wish You Were Here @ PH  Apr 21 2022, 03:16:51 PM

Has anyone seen the show?

Also, I've got a spare Youth Membership guest ticket (meaning someone of any age can take it) for the 7:30pm show tomorrow (Friday 22 April). 20$, AA12. We can meet outside the theatre. 

POTUS: OR, BEHIND EVERY GREAT DUMBASS ARE SEVEN WOMEN TRYING TO KEEP HIM ALIVE Previews  Apr 21 2022, 03:00:51 PM

This Monday, April 18, I rushed the show around 6:30pm for a 8pm show. Got a great view in the mezz, Row H. Even with the overhang from the balcony, you're fine as the set isn't that tall.

I loved the first Act, but found the 2nd act a little draggy, predictable, and un-funny. I think the play struggles when it tries to say something deeper or meaningful - it can feel a bit heavy handed in those moments.

Would agree that Rachel Dratch made me guffaw. 

FOR COLORED GIRLS WHO HAVE CONSIDERED SUICIDE / WHEN THE RAINBOW IS ENUF Previews  Apr 10 2022, 05:28:25 PM

petewk87 said: "Was wondering if someone has tried rushing for this show recently? I wasn't able to find their policy online, but it was suggested here that there are $29 rush tix available. Thanks!"

I rushed for today’s matinee. The tickets are 27$. I walked up at 1:30pm and got a ticket for the 3pm show. Mezz full view - D 9. The Booth is so intimate that probably the last row mezz would be fine too. I think you should be fine getting to the theatre as th

TO MY GIRLS at 2ST  Apr 10 2022, 10:17:26 AM

Saw this last night with a very appreciative and warm audience. Laughs abound, as well as some gasps, “oohs”, and “-oop’s” too. I’m personally fascinated by explorations of gay sisterhood / friendship - the peaks & valleys of it, and found the play offered interesting thoughts on several issues relevant to gay men - I did wonder how non-gay men would react to the play, but found the dialogue witty & the zingers very funny. Sometimes too cerebral, bu

Patty and Emily Closing  Apr 23 2020, 08:49:03 AM
Of all the theatrical podcast I’ve listened to (which is... a lot), they were my absolute favorites. I miss them a lot too, they filled my days with a lot of joy, and they made me very happy. They pulled me out of many a dark time.

Which is why I was overjoyed to hear Patty on the recent year end review of Maxamoo! She’s been getting her masters in archival/librarian studies? I believe? And had lots of great stories to share about her focus in theatre archival. Hopefully will hear more

Flying Over Sunset  Feb 16 2020, 05:19:24 AM

It's a gorgeous title song - and I'm fascinated by how much LSD figures into the storyline. Very excited to hear the rest of the score, and hear about the staging (choreography?), and other performances. Grey Gardens vibes, too. Hope it's a hit! 

Norm Lewis and Tamyra Gray to Join the Cast of ONCE ON THIS ISLAND  Dec 20 2017, 12:29:33 AM
I think Mientus' tweet is being misconstrued by people on this board to fulfil a Comet-esque narrative. It can also (more probably!) be read as two cast members had contractual leaves, and the creative team now needs to work to rehearse/find replacements for an open run - where actors need to be replaced & other things I'm sure have to be done that require more time than a limited run.
THE WOLVES Reviews  Nov 21 2017, 02:17:17 PM

I will say that I walked away very very impressed by Sarah DeLappe's uncanny ability to really capture the cadence of high school students. Even in the ways that they speak to each other, and the overlapping, was just a pitch perfect representation.

Personally, I found it an astounding evening - funny, interesting, with character's that I cared about, and even knew. It's completely realistic, and I find it baffling that many of those issues referred to as "cliche"

Dear Evan Hansen casting announced?  Aug 22 2017, 11:03:40 PM

I think we need to learn & accept the fact that actors, just like every other person in the world, have the capability to grow and develop as a person. You may not like his comments from the past, but I think it is immature to dismiss the idea that he has matured and may not hold the same views anymore. Let's stop holding actors to a higher moral standard than everyone else. You wonder why people seem to be fine at separating performer & person with Christine Ebersole...

THE BAND'S VISIT Opening This Fall at the Barrymore  May 24 2017, 09:21:03 PM

Gosh! Wish I'd gotten the chance to listen to those tracks. 

THE BAND'S VISIT Opening This Fall at the Barrymore  May 24 2017, 09:35:43 AM

YES! This was absolutely sensational, the performances, set, score, and story was beautiful & powerful. I am so glad they are transferring, and hope they can maintain some of that intimacy that was captured at the Atlantic. I also really hope that they get a cast recording.

The original cast should absolutely return, they were all sensational. Katrina Lenk for the Tony! Though of course it is not even time to make guesses. 

PLAYBILL COVERS of the 2017-2018 Season!  May 16 2017, 09:03:45 PM

My bad - I never saw the other thread!

PLAYBILL COVERS of the 2017-2018 Season!  May 16 2017, 08:41:11 PM

Let the fun begin!

Great striking bright playbill for 1984.

Wish this was in color, and used the promotional artwork that they first released, but its not bad for what it is I suppose. Gives me Color Purple vibes. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/14/17  May 15 2017, 10:48:43 PM

happy to see a positive trend for Sweat.. Hope that Indecent gets better, but I'm not sure. And wow, The Price posted a phenomenal closing week. 

INDECENT Previews  Apr 8 2017, 09:34:05 AM

Bump - has anyone else seen this and have any thoughts?? 

Great Comet - Sonya Alone Video  Apr 8 2017, 09:31:12 AM

I absolutely love Brittain Ashford's voice and Sonya Alone exemplifies what is a uniquely beautiful instrument. It's haunting and intensely felt in the context of the show. 

Pacific Overtures previews  Apr 7 2017, 11:00:36 PM

I don't see this transferring. It's not even sold out right now. 

If this new version is licensed without 'Chrysanthemum Tea', that'd be really sad.

Also - the show's content/running time isn't holding it back from being licensed. I doubt it's even the full cast of Asian Americans. It's just not a largely well known show, and the subject matter isn't the easiest to hook an audience to. Not sure that these cuts help to reduce eith

Pacific Overtures previews  Apr 6 2017, 11:12:59 PM

Was Harada's song Chrysanthemum Tea or Welcome to Kanagawa or something else? Was anything cut at all? What was the running time? Thank you for your review and thoughts. I hope there's a cast recording too!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You