Posted: 8/30/16 at 8:44pm

Xanadu 

The Full Monty

Spamalot

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#51Funniest Musical of All Time?
Posted: 9/3/16 at 2:53am

StephieElise said: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum - undoubtedly my funniest moment in the theatre was having Geoffrey Rush dry hump my mother. 

I just noticed this post. Do tell, Stephie. This sounds fascinating. Funniest Musical of All Time?

Audrey

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#52Funniest Musical of All Time?
Posted: 9/3/16 at 7:09am

Something Rotten!

Book of Mormon

And on a somewhat different note of shows that frequently make me laugh even while the overall predominant emotion is more moving/sad/touching:  Next to Normal, If/Then, Carousel

The Other One
#53Funniest Musical of All Time?
Posted: 9/3/16 at 7:59am

I have truly never laughed harder than I did at the Phil Silvers revival of A Funny Thing Happened on The Way To The Forum.  

The Book of Mormon and Spamalot take second and third place.

Jeez, I waited a long time between laughs!

Updated On: 9/4/16 at 07:59 AM

Ranger Tom
#54Funniest Musical of All Time?
Posted: 9/3/16 at 6:07pm

Drowsy, Forum, Day in Hollywood/Night in the Ukraine (hilarious).  Also, Godspell can be a laugh riot if you get a good director/cast dealing with the parables - the San Francisco cast in the early 70's was very funny.  I'm sure the original group in Toronto was too..  

Hariku
#55Funniest Musical of All Time?
Posted: 9/3/16 at 6:39pm

I have to buck the trend here and say I found Something Rotten shockingly unfunny. Except for a few moments that seemed liked Borle had improvised at some point, there wasn't a lot of funny. I was shocked at how lame the "Musical" number was. THIS was getting mid show standing ovations??

I agree with those who found Avenue Q a bundle of laughs, and would add the Off Broadway production of Bat Boy to the list -- very funny performances, material and choreography. Oh, and the OB production of Disaster! at St. Luke's was non-stop hilarity....which only made the unfunny Broadway version all the more frustrating!

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#56Funniest Musical of All Time?
Posted: 9/3/16 at 6:45pm

Ruthless! is pretty damn funny. 

ErinDillyFan Profile Photo
ErinDillyFan
#57Funniest Musical of All Time?
Posted: 9/4/16 at 11:09am

I'll pile on.

Spelling Bee

Avenue Q

Drowsy Chaperone

I might have found Spamlot funnier if Eric hadn't recycled so many 30 yr old jokes.   I just kept groaning and muttering "lazy"

Updated On: 9/4/16 at 11:09 AM