News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The Other One

Member Name: The Other One
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Zachery Levi says Gavin Creel died of COVID vaccine.
 Oct 24 2024, 10:43:51 PM

JasonC3 said: "Nothing about Creel's death is Levi's story to tell."

Exactly. Thank you.

Name a song from a musical you were sorry to lose in its film version as well as one you were happy to gain.
 Oct 24 2024, 03:26:20 PM

Sorriest to lose: Probably No More, from the otherwise intact Into The Woods, or How Can Love Survive? from The Sound of Music.

Happiest to gain: The title song to Bye Bye Birdie.

The case against Stereophonic
 Oct 3 2024, 08:38:42 AM

Kad said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "This falls under the same scenario as The Supremes and DREAMGIRLS. There are enormous similarities to their career story from starting off as a sister/background act to The Primes (later The Temptations), to Florence Ballard (Effie White) being the group’s original lead singer being pushed into background singer status as Deena Jones (Diana Ross) is moved to lead spot to market the group to the pop music market. Then there’s the Di

MCNEAL Previews
 Sep 6 2024, 07:12:28 AM

Show Score reviews

Water For Elephants was filmed for TOFT last night.
 Aug 31 2024, 07:10:23 AM

It stands for Theater On Film and Tape.  Anything filmed for TOFT can be viewed at the Performing Arts Library in Lincoln Center.  It can not be streamed and will not be available commercially.

Water For Elephants was filmed for TOFT last night.
 Aug 31 2024, 06:36:53 AM

They will probably be filming this weekend as well, with Grant Gustin giving his final performance tomorrow afternoon.  Joe De Paul, who'd apparently left the cast earlier this month, returned for the shoot.

I'm glad this production is being preserved on film.  It's often incredible, and I enjoyed this show much more than I thought I would.

Complete Cast Recordings
 Aug 23 2024, 08:53:20 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "The recent release of the complete Oklahoma! cast album and the upcoming complete Carousel cast album fromChandos got me thinking about other classic musicals I'd love to have complete cast albums of. The first one I thought of was On A Clear Day You Can See Forever. There are several songs that are not included on the original Broadway cast recordingincluding "Ring Out the Bells," "Solicitor's Song," Daisy's "He Wasn't You," and "Hellrakers" ballet.It could also includesongs that were added for the film,"Love With All the Trimmings," "Go to Sleep" and"What Did I Have That I Don't Have."The book is wacky, but the score is beautiful and I would love to hear a complete recording someday.

"What Did I Have That I Don't Have" was not added for the film.  Barbara Harris sang the hell out of it on the OBCR, and you can see her perform it along with other excerpts from the show in this clip. On A Clear Day You Can See Forever original cast excerpts.

Are there any classic musicals you'd like a complete recording of?"

Good question, but I can't think of one.  

RIP to Peter Marshall, star of Broadway's LA CAGE, SKYSCRAPER, and many a summer stock show –– and host of Hollywood Squares.
 Aug 16 2024, 07:32:49 AM

David10086 said: "Didn’t he play Billy Flynn in CHICAGO in the early 2000s ? Or am I mixing him up with another game show host from back then? It may have been on tour. So much stunt casting I can’t keep up!"

According to ibdb.com, his only three Broadway appearances were in How To Make a Man, Skyscraper and La Cage Aux Folles.  Maybe he did Chicago somewhere else?

New Branden Jacobs-Jenkins play PURPOSE Directed by Phylicia Rashad, to land on Broadway in 2025
 Aug 14 2024, 10:26:17 PM

MidWestTheater said: "I am so excited this is transferring. This has been my favorite play I've seen all season (ended up seeing it twice at Steppenwolf, loved it even more the second time). I'm really hoping a majority of the cast transfers especially Jon Arthur Hill, who brought me to tears at the end, and Alana Arenas who is a force of nature. New York is not ready for one of the most thrilling, tense, dinner scenes this side of August: Osage County."

If I

Error in Bobby Banas's obituary
 Aug 4 2024, 07:57:34 AM

In the posted obituary for Robert Banas, it's mentioned that he was kissed by Marilyn Monroe in the movie "Made In Paris."  The title of the film in which they danced together is actually "Let's Make Love."

I wasn't sure how to contact you to make a correction, so I'm posting it here.  By all means remove this post once the obit is corrected.

Biggest disappointments from established teams?
 Jul 16 2024, 08:33:04 AM

Bring Back Birdie.  Stewart, Strauss, Adams and Rivera reunite with Conrad, and the result is gone in two days.

George Clooney is coming to Broadway.
 Dec 31 1899, 07:51:37 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "inception said: "I wonder if it isthe current economics of film making, where smaller "art house" films are notseen as profitable, that is causingA-list actors like George Clooney & Robert Downey Jr look at performing on Broadway?

Looking at the box office for Mr. Clooney's most recent directorial effortThe Boys in the Boat,​​​​​its receipts likely did not cover production & marketing costs.
"<

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To the Forum film
 Jul 9 2024, 07:49:56 AM

"I love the show and would love to see a revival with Josh Gad and Andrew Randells."

What an idea!  They would have a great time and so would everyone watching.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To the Forum film
 Jul 9 2024, 07:14:37 AM

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "I don’t think the film is awful. It’s just very much its own weird late 60’s thing. You have to divorce it from the musical.

It’s directed by the guy who made those trippy aimless Beatles movies and you can tell.

The actual stage musical is 10/10 farce and we’ve never matched it with another comedy musical libretto since. (Into the Woods and Gentlemen’s Guide came close)

You can argue all

Theatres that are 100 years old and landmarked inside and out
 Jul 6 2024, 07:45:57 AM

What is the status of the Mark Hellinger/Time Square Church?  I hear they have kept the theater in immaculate condition.  I also know that its original entrance was on Broadway and not on 51st. Street, though that change happened long before it became a church.

Jul 1 2024, 05:32:36 PM

KevinKlawitter said: "...It made me think of other protrayals of critics on stage and screen... one that immediately came to mind was the comedy Critic's Choice by Ira Levin, a play I enjoyed reading and am considering directing in the future, but boy howdy did the film adaptation with Bob Hope and Lucille Ball miss the mark big time. It's one of those adaptations where you can tell the screwed it up from the very first scene."

The 77th Annual Tony Award Snubs!
 Jun 16 2024, 06:37:29 PM

Doubt not being nominated for Best Revival is strange.  Three of its four cast members are nominees and only three plays were nominated for Best Revival - there clearly could have been one or two more. 

What Tony Upset Are You Hoping For?
 Jun 12 2024, 10:01:10 PM

Jessica Lange.  

Sarah Paulson wants to tackle The Goat , or Who Is Sylvia by Edward Albee next
 Jun 4 2024, 06:04:30 PM

WldKingdomHM said: "Sarah is all wrong for this. Give usViola Davis"

I don't agree that Sarah is at all wrong, but Viola would be incredible in this role.  

MOTHER PLAY Previews
 Jun 1 2024, 12:11:30 PM

Jessica Lange is equally superb, arguably even more so, in The Great Lillian Hall, which just started streaming on MAX. She is having quite a year.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You