News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The Other One

Member Name: The Other One
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Biggest disappointments from established teams?
 Jul 16 2024, 08:33:04 AM

Bring Back Birdie.  Stewart, Strauss, Adams and Rivera reunite with Conrad, and the result is gone in two days.

George Clooney is coming to Broadway.
 Dec 31 1899, 07:51:37 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "inception said: "I wonder if it isthe current economics of film making, where smaller "art house" films are notseen as profitable, that is causingA-list actors like George Clooney & Robert Downey Jr look at performing on Broadway?

Looking at the box office for Mr. Clooney's most recent directorial effortThe Boys in the Boat,​​​​​its receipts likely did not cover production & marketing costs.
"<

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To the Forum film
 Jul 9 2024, 07:49:56 AM

"I love the show and would love to see a revival with Josh Gad and Andrew Randells."

What an idea!  They would have a great time and so would everyone watching.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To the Forum film
 Jul 9 2024, 07:14:37 AM

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "I don’t think the film is awful. It’s just very much its own weird late 60’s thing. You have to divorce it from the musical.

It’s directed by the guy who made those trippy aimless Beatles movies and you can tell.

The actual stage musical is 10/10 farce and we’ve never matched it with another comedy musical libretto since. (Into the Woods and Gentlemen’s Guide came close)

You can argue all

Theatres that are 100 years old and landmarked inside and out
 Jul 6 2024, 07:45:57 AM

What is the status of the Mark Hellinger/Time Square Church?  I hear they have kept the theater in immaculate condition.  I also know that its original entrance was on Broadway and not on 51st. Street, though that change happened long before it became a church.

Jul 1 2024, 05:32:36 PM

KevinKlawitter said: "...It made me think of other protrayals of critics on stage and screen... one that immediately came to mind was the comedy Critic's Choice by Ira Levin, a play I enjoyed reading and am considering directing in the future, but boy howdy did the film adaptation with Bob Hope and Lucille Ball miss the mark big time. It's one of those adaptations where you can tell the screwed it up from the very first scene."

The 77th Annual Tony Award Snubs!
 Jun 16 2024, 06:37:29 PM

Doubt not being nominated for Best Revival is strange.  Three of its four cast members are nominees and only three plays were nominated for Best Revival - there clearly could have been one or two more. 

What Tony Upset Are You Hoping For?
 Jun 12 2024, 10:01:10 PM

Jessica Lange.  

Sarah Paulson wants to tackle The Goat , or Who Is Sylvia by Edward Albee next
 Jun 4 2024, 06:04:30 PM

WldKingdomHM said: "Sarah is all wrong for this. Give usViola Davis"

I don't agree that Sarah is at all wrong, but Viola would be incredible in this role.  

MOTHER PLAY Previews
 Jun 1 2024, 12:11:30 PM

Jessica Lange is equally superb, arguably even more so, in The Great Lillian Hall, which just started streaming on MAX. She is having quite a year.

PSA: Purlie Victorious premiers on PBS’ Great Performances Friday, May 24
 May 26 2024, 07:27:09 PM

Wayman_Wong said: "''Interesting. I never knew that.''

I never heard that before either. What a shame.

Encores! did ''Purlie'' in 2005 with Blair Underwood,Anika Noni Rose, Lillias White and John Cullum. Wish I had seen it.
"

That's a great cast.  I wish I had, too.  I saw the original production of Purlie at the Broadway Theatre way back when, in my youth. A delightful show I have nothing bu

MOTHER PLAY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 25 2024, 10:24:07 PM

I have no idea what she has, but the Tony Award interview circuit always strikes me as risky.  The only one who seemed to understand this was Bette Midler.  Actors need a break in their time off, and in promoting both Mother Play and The Great Lillian Hall Jessica has been very busy.

She is so great in Mother Play.  I hope she's back and feeling good as new tomorrow.

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 24 2024, 06:29:21 AM

Play: The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickelby (1981)

Musical: Follies (1971)

Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
 May 23 2024, 06:43:14 AM

Good looking guy, great voice, but much, much too surly for this role.

Musicals that will never be revived on Broadway
 May 21 2024, 10:00:28 AM

The Act. 

Sinatra the Musical Beginning September 23 UK's Birmingham Theatre
 May 19 2024, 12:24:51 PM

Impeach2017 said: "Seems likeeverybody and their dog is hoping for a 2025 "opening". It's too bad they couldn't bet somebody like Michael Bubléor Harry Connick, jr who have been copying Sinatra anyway for years."

I give Tina Sinatra credit for not doing that.

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 19 2024, 11:25:43 AM

This was off-Broadway, at the Public, but major Broadway talent was involved.  The Knife is the worst show I've ever seen.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 18 2024, 11:55:04 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "theatergoer3 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Isn't Cranston doing Inherit The Wind alongside his former costar Giancarlo Esposito? That feels like a better use of his time, he's kind of overqualified for Herbie."

I remember he’d been linked to Damn Yankees last winter/earlier this year.
"

He's been seemingly linked to that for like 10 years, which doesn't feel like a

Drama Desk Nominations ‘24
 Apr 29 2024, 11:51:22 AM

I am surprised by the lack of nominations for Jeremy Strong and An Enemy of the People.

PATRIOTS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Apr 28 2024, 08:41:18 AM

Auggie27 said: "A movable set piece crashed moving downstage before Yeltsin’s appearance. Stuhlbarg handled it masterfully before the PSM called a halt. The resumed act one rewound to the very top of the scene before. The furniture was struck. My third recent experience with automation failure stopping a show. A Strange Loop stalled for over 20 minutes early on; Girl From the North Country in the final 15 minutes, necessitating a longer reprise. Today, it some

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You