This Is Us

Hairspray0901
#50This Is Us
Posted: 11/1/16 at 2:51pm

Tag said: "Denis O'Hare is joining the show in a recurring role as a friend of William.

"

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

I guess we won;t be seeing William's death any time soon then! I wonder how far into the future that scene took place with Randall packing up his stuff. This Is Us 

Updated On: 11/1/16 at 02:51 PM

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#51This Is Us
Posted: 11/1/16 at 7:37pm

There is an article in Vulture today about how Milo being so buffed is unrealistic for the time period and a working father of three. Personally, I am willing to suspend any disbelief.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#52This Is Us
Posted: 11/2/16 at 9:54am

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

It was stated that Jack dies while Kevin is fairly young.  (Kevin's words, he didn't say what age.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#53This Is Us
Posted: 11/2/16 at 2:40pm

I'm 2 episodes behind but I am loving this show.  Hope they are able to stay fresh and surprising as the Story goes on. My only hesitation is that  they'll run out of interesting places to take the characters. 

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#54This Is Us
Posted: 11/2/16 at 8:44pm

^Yes but you could say that about any show ever made.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#55This Is Us
Posted: 11/2/16 at 11:58pm

Just realized now (a day after airing) that Kate's boyfriend wasn't even on last night's episode (not even mentioned).  Shows how much he isn't missed!

Hairspray0901
#56This Is Us
Posted: 11/3/16 at 10:38pm

Tag said: "Just realized now (a day after airing) that Kate's boyfriend wasn't even on last night's episode (not even mentioned).  Shows how much he isn't missed!

"

I didn't realize until the end of the episode where they showed "next week on..." since he was featured in them..lol. He is my least favorite character - did NOT miss him!

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#57This Is Us
Posted: 11/4/16 at 12:02pm

Tag said: "Just realized now (a day after airing) that Kate's boyfriend wasn't even on last night's episode (not even mentioned).  Shows how much he isn't missed!"

I was confused and irritated by how he was written into last week's episode RE: watching the football game. Previously, he seemed very much in tune to Kate's emotional needs (nearly self-centeredness on her part) and was supportive, and attentive as needed. During the football game, he was a completely different man; pretty much the opposite of who he'd been in previous episodes. ... and that friend he brought... Why?

I didn't (and still don't) appreciate the writing. IMO, this show is too dependent on the 'gimmick' of how they reveal the characters' pasts. The actual dialog and plots are trite and kind of cliché.

SmoothLover
#58This Is Us
Posted: 11/6/16 at 3:56am

I noticed it was in the top twenty on the ratings list last week.

SmoothLover
#59This Is Us
Posted: 11/30/16 at 2:20am

Bump....Milo is just too hot!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#60This Is Us
Posted: 11/30/16 at 1:37pm

Thought last night's episode was the weakest so far.  The blending of older Randall and Jack was SO out of character for this series.  It felt like a "jump the shark" moment.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#61This Is Us
Posted: 11/30/16 at 5:32pm

Well, he WAS hallucinating !

And while I didn't love that part, either, I loved the rest of the episode.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Hairspray0901
#62This Is Us
Posted: 11/30/16 at 5:32pm

Tag said: "Thought last night's episode was the weakest so far.  The blending of older Randall and Jack was SO out of character for this series.  It felt like a "jump the shark" moment.

"

I 100% agree. I said the same thing to my friend. While it was heartwarming (as is everything on this show) it was very out of place for the series itself. Reminded me of soap-type drama like on one tree hill with Keith Scott seasons 4-9. 

SmoothLover
#63This Is Us
Posted: 12/7/16 at 12:01am

The gay subplot was kind of a surprise tonight. I did not see that one coming.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#64This Is Us
Posted: 12/7/16 at 12:23am

I pretty much didn't see anything coming, especially the appearance by the young Man in Black.