pixeltracker

SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews- Page 9

SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#200SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews
Posted: 11/1/16 at 1:07pm

Can I sacrifice something at the altar of the theater gods in hopes of getting a legitimate recording of this.

It still haunts me...

Jake's "Finishing the Hat". 

Jake and Annaleigh's "We Do Not Belong Together.

Annaleigh's "Children and Art".

It should be preserved in some form...

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#201SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews
Posted: 11/1/16 at 1:25pm

I wasn't implying anything at all about promoting a movie. I was noting that I think it's very nice to get the support of a co-worker when one might be involved in other activities.

JG's support of theater is commendable. I think RR was being a friend. No one was clamoring for attention about a movie. If you were lucky enough to be there you know how wonderful the evening was.

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#202SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews
Posted: 11/1/16 at 1:26pm

Theater_Nerd said: "Can I sacrifice something at the altar of the theater gods in hopes of getting a legitimate recording of this."

Some of us would kill for an illegitimate one SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews

Seriously

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#203SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews
Posted: 11/1/16 at 4:19pm

I was just informed by a close source that "There is a small chance that they might take George to Broadway with [Annaleigh and Jake] but that's very iffy as of now." It's not a lot of hope, but it's something. Fingers crossed, guys.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#204SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews
Posted: 11/1/16 at 7:30pm

I would think that a recording would not be out of the question....

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#205SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews
Posted: 11/1/16 at 7:33pm

CindersGolightly said: "I was just informed by a close source that "There is a small chance that they might take George to Broadway with [Annaleigh and Jake] but that's very iffy as of now." It's not a lot of hope, but it's something. Fingers crossed, guys.

"

Any hope is good hope!

jayinchelsea Profile Photo
jayinchelsea
#206SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews
Posted: 11/1/16 at 8:14pm

And although most Sondheim shows barely pay back their investors, and business generally falls off after we Sondheim fanatics have been three or ten times, this would be very different. Audiences would flock to see Jake in a musical (yes, even a Sondheim musical), so come on, producers, get on the ball!

And yes, how amazing a recording would be. Of course, we know someone on this site has already made a recording, right? Don't be shy...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#207SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews
Posted: 11/1/16 at 11:47pm

thirtythirtyninety said: "Move On https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaHI1_UUTUg

"

Wow, this Wednesday matinee performance of "Move On" is much better than Tuesday evening's. These performances still have so much growth in them... I hope there's a chance for a future. 

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#208SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 12:04am

I just can't stop thinking about this production, and Annie and Jake's performances. I don't even have anything new to say, I just listened to the whole show again and each time I listen it's like hearing the musical for the first time all over again. So fresh.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."