pixeltracker

The Color Purple closing Jan 8- Page 4

The Color Purple closing Jan 8

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#75The Color Purple closing Jan 8
Posted: 1/9/17 at 11:06am

Caught the live stream video about 45 minutes later. That was striking to see/hear and I can't even imagine how the walls of the Jacobs were vibrating. "I'm Here" speaks to your heart...my favorite line is "I'm gonna flirt with somebody when they walk by, I'm gonna sing out, I believe I have inside of me everything that I need to live a bountiful life."

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#76The Color Purple closing Jan 8
Posted: 1/9/17 at 12:42pm

Thank you, Haterobics for posting that video.  I'm in tears all over again!  I just wanted to run down and give Akron Watson a hug as he was clearly broken up during that song.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#77The Color Purple closing Jan 8
Posted: 1/9/17 at 12:58pm

I recorded the final speech and song - but haven't been able to compress it to post it.  Thank you for sharing yours, Haterobics!

Such a beautifully emotional day.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#78The Color Purple closing Jan 8
Posted: 1/9/17 at 1:45pm

DottieD'Luscia said: "Thank you, Haterobics for posting that video.  I'm in tears all over again!  I just wanted to run down and give Akron Watson a hug as he was clearly broken up during that song.

OMG YES!  My best friend's mom said watching his emotions made her arms stand on end.  This has only been her 4th Broadway show in her lifetime.  It was a Christmas gift from me because I knew this afternoon would be magic.

Bre Jackson & Grasan Kingsberry were at the right in total tears!