pixeltracker

Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?- Page 5

Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#101Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/20/16 at 10:23am

javero said: "One person's trash is another's treasure.  Last I recall, the theatre community takes great pride of its purported inclusiveness.  As a fledgling playwright and longtime poster here, I would hope that there's also room for diversity of thought under that banner of inclusiveness, at least on the off-topic board.  All citizens, lawful residents, and guest workers in the US have skin in the game with respect to the President-elect's plans.  I personally find censorship abhorrent whether it come from the right or the left.

"It always amaze me how the left demands "diversity"... except when it comes to Religion, police, eurocentric, conservative thought or anything not left of center. Not only they do not want to hear it, they try shutting  them down by crying some sort of ISM. and demanding safe spaces.

For examples, please see almost  any University almost any late night show, almost any main media outlet even most threads here. All they become  hysterical when someone dare have a different opinion. its probably  a huge reason that alot of democrats in last elections voted Trump. So good job they are responsible for President Trump.

When They Go Low, I Go High

Petralicious
#103Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/20/16 at 10:44am

By this  logic President Obama is a racist because  of support for him from Sharpton, Farrakhan Jeremiah Wrght, Black Panthers,

Such a silly statement

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#104Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/20/16 at 10:53am

Petralicious said: "By this  logic President Obama is a racist because  of support for him from Sharpton, Farrakhan Jeremiah Wrght, Black Panthers,

Such a silly statement
"

LOL.

Yeah remember that time Obama appointed Jeremiah Wright as his chief advisor?

No?

Me either.

Updated On: 11/20/16 at 10:53 AM

Petralicious
#105Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/20/16 at 11:01am

Once again you change the conversation... well I do remember that he went to his church for a decade listening to his hate..I do remember Sharptons many visits to the  White House... does it make Obama a racist  no but you know this.but stay in your bubble

Petralicious
#106Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/21/16 at 9:24am

Back to the issue at hand..

Interestingly, the older Melania beats Ivanka in the slimmest of margins, 51%-49%

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/11/12/melania-ivanka-trump-outfits-election-best-dressed/

Petralicious
#108Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/21/16 at 10:42am

Wrong Thread Erik

javero Profile Photo
javero
#109Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/21/16 at 1:55pm

This in from the NYT...

Fashion Begins to Speak Out About Dressing and Covering the Trumps

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Petralicious
#110Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/22/16 at 1:18pm

Here is a nice recap of the reclusive Trump, Tiffany thru the years. 

http://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/2016/11/15/tiffany-trump-style-transformation/21606656/

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#111Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/22/16 at 1:45pm

This thread is truly grotesque.  Almost as bad as undercoverusher,

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Petralicious
#112Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/23/16 at 10:02am

Melania Trump will surely have the last laugh about designers who won’t work with her — Met Gala mastermind Stephanie Winston Wolkoff is being brought in to help plan the presidential inauguration events.

Wolkoff, an ex-Vogue staffer who planned the glamorous gala for years and went on to orchestrate New York Fashion Week’s Lincoln Center expansion, is known in fashion circles as “General Winston” — a name bestowed by her mentor, Anna Wintour.

Winston, who, according to sources, “has all the designers on speed dial” and is also a longtime friend of Melania, was spotted at Trump Tower this week, along with Tom Barrack, who is chairman of President-elect Donald Trump’s inaugural

http://pagesix.com/2016/11/22/met-gala-mastermind-tapped-to-plan-inauguration-events/

Updated On: 11/23/16 at 10:02 AM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#114Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/23/16 at 6:14pm

Stephanatic
Updated On: 11/24/16 at 06:14 PM

javero Profile Photo
javero
Petralicious
#116Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/28/16 at 9:12am

We wil never heal and come together as one if the disgusting insults Ivanka, and her darling 8 month old son Theodore are getting from those not happy about her father winning election. Why should he even try?Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2016/11/27/classy-unhinged-lefties-attack-ivanka-trump-for-posting-picture-of-infant-son-on-his-birthday/

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#117Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/28/16 at 9:57am

Good God. The responses to Ivanka in that article are truly for shame. What a beautiful baby!

Mister Matt
#118Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/28/16 at 10:22am

Three of them simply point out that 8 months is not a "birthday" and toss an insult.  Rude, but nothing worse than her father says about anyone at any time for any reason and she seems to be okay with his behavior.  The other two responses are shameful.  There is no reason to involve her baby in this mess.  So yeah, five negative posts from the left were in that article.

Meanwhile, the responses to the article regarding "leftists" are as bad and worse.  Like the one saying "they (leftists) love rape and child molestors".  And there are a lot more than five of them.  I guess they really showed their moral superiority!  So yeah, the point of that article was pretty much obliterated by the responses of its target audience.  Kathy Griffin slow clap for a job well done.

Petralicious
#119Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/28/16 at 10:52am

You are right Matt, those responses are just as bad. Its just a shame that we are so divided.

I am not a fan of Donald at all, but leave his children and grandchildren out of it. 

Mister Matt
#120Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/28/16 at 11:05am

Three of his children have put themselves in it and Donald has certainly put them in it as well, so that can't be helped.  They are active participants and they have to deal with it.  But yes, the grandchildren do not deserve to be targeted in any way.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#121Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/28/16 at 4:00pm

"Three of his children have put themselves in it and Donald has certainly put them in it as well, so that can't be helped.  They are active participants and they have to deal with it."

On that we can agree.  I'm still willing to cut Melania some slack but have nothing but scorn for his son-in-law and the 3 kids.

Ivanka Trump has been hit with one of the biggest criticisms plaguing her father

Mister Matt
#122Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/28/16 at 4:29pm

I don't cut Melania any slack at all.  She hitched herself to this freak show for the money and she supports it willingly.  She got her green card for her "special skills" in modeling, fer crap's sake.  And given her husband's stance on immigration and treatment of women, to watch her make excuses for him makes me ill.  

As for Hilfiger...who cares?  He hasn't been relevant to the fashion industry for 20 years.  Most of his stuff is relegated to Macy's sales and outlet stores.  Sure, the company he sold in 2010 (he actually considered selling it to Wal-Mart) still makes good money this way selling the same color-blocked commercial variations of generic street wear, but his opinion on designing for Melania carries the same relevance as Trump's.  Fashion designers are artists and art will forever be linked to politics either in reflection or expression.  

javero Profile Photo
javero
#123Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/28/16 at 5:39pm

"Fashion designers are artists and art will forever be linked to politics either in reflection or expression."

Are you suggesting that fashion designers aren't concerned with price-points and branding?  It's my understanding that launching a line is a very expensive proposition.    

WHAT DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO LAUNCH A FASHION BRAND?

Mister Matt
#124Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/28/16 at 6:38pm

Depending on your aspirations, business and commerce can certainly be a part of it.  And if you aspire to be a Trump, then by all means, ignore politics and follow in the footsteps of Hilfiger.  Or you can launch a brand by dressing someone other than a Trump as so many have before.  But Hilfiger's little statement regarding the separation of fashion and politics is naive and reductive.  And it has little to do with "fashion" and more to do with $$$.  Like his clothes.