pixeltracker

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility- Page 6

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#125SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility
Posted: 2/6/17 at 12:33am

I doubt it would have been nominated for Best Revival Musical as those 3 will be:

Falsettos

Hello Dolly

Miss Saigon

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#126SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility
Posted: 2/6/17 at 1:19am

Robbie2 said: "I doubt it would have been nominated for Best Revival Musical as those 3 will be:

Falsettos

Hello Dolly

Miss Saigon
"

Well actually, had Sunday been eligible, there would have been 6 revivals, which means there would have been a guaranteed 4 nominated shows.

djoko84
#127SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility
Posted: 2/6/17 at 9:45am

If a show is nominated for the Tonys do they have to offer comp tickets to Tony voters? I understand offering them to the nomination committee, but it shouldn't be a requirement for the whole membership. 

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#128SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility
Posted: 2/6/17 at 10:29am

djoko84 said: "If a show is nominated for the Tonys do they have to offer comp tickets to Tony voters? I understand offering them to the nomination committee, but it shouldn't be a requirement for the whole membership. "

Yes they do.  It's the only way to provide equal opportunity for all voters to see and consider all eligible shows.  Had all of the voters needed to acquire their own Hamilton tickets, nobody would have seen the show to vote on it.

djoko84
#129SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility
Posted: 2/6/17 at 11:03am

bjh2114 said: "djoko84 said: "If a show is nominated for the Tonys do they have to offer comp tickets to Tony voters? I understand offering them to the nomination committee, but it shouldn't be a requirement for the whole membership. "

Yes they do.  It's the only way to provide equal opportunity for all voters to see and consider all eligible shows.  Had all of the voters needed to acquire their own Hamilton tickets, nobody would have seen the show to vote on it.

"

I see what you're saying, but then they should be given priority for good seats. It's way too much on a show to offer them all free tickets. I totally get not wanting to do that.

AEA AGMA SM
#130SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility
Posted: 2/6/17 at 11:52am

djoko84 said: "bjh2114 said: "djoko84 said: "If a show is nominated for the Tonys do they have to offer comp tickets to Tony voters? I understand offering them to the nomination committee, but it shouldn't be a requirement for the whole membership. "

"

I see what you're saying, but then they should be given priority for good seats. It's way too much on a show to offer them all free tickets. I totally get not wanting to do that.
"

Remember that not all Tony voters are wealthy. Asking them to put out the money to see every show that is eligible would ensure that many shows do not get seen at all. And you can't tell them to just wait until nominations are out, since there are many shows that do get nominated that are long since closed by that point.