pixeltracker

Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances- Page 10

Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances

sondmon
#225Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/25/17 at 9:35pm

Ken6 said: "How are those dark green seats in B?  The sat twisting seats and are cheaper... worth saving the money and getting them?

"

I sat in B10 I think and it was totally fine. It is the best deal and you totally feel like you are part of the action. You have to anchor your head for most of the show, but if you are ok with that its a great deal. It is not a partial view at all.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#226Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/26/17 at 2:08am

I have to say, I kind of found it underwhelming. The setting didn't do anything for me. And I thought the direction/staging were all kind of boring? I'd like to see a Sweeney where the story is actually told. It's kind of complex, and I feel like all these "minor" stagings just kind of muddle it.

schubox
#227Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 8/2/17 at 11:13pm

I'm doing this kind of last minute so there are limited seats available. It's just me, any thoughts on any of these?

http://imgur.com/a/MCsEs

Edit: I could also make this one. Is that premium seat on he left my best bet?

http://imgur.com/a/8vNzN

Updated On: 8/2/17 at 11:13 PM

HSky
#228Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 8/3/17 at 12:02am

I'd personally go for the Row H rear counter seats, no turning involved. (Well, barely when the action is in that aisle between the rear counters and the benches.)

schubox
#229Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 8/3/17 at 12:04am

HSky said: "I'd personally go for the Row H rear counter seats, no turning involved. (Well, barely when the action is in that aisle between the rear counters and the benches.)

"

Thats the way I was leaning. Is towards the middle better or does it matter since it's so small?

HSky
#230Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 8/3/17 at 9:09am

I haven't seen it since the UK cast so I don't know if there have been any changes to blocking but I've sat on both sides of the aisle and I liked the house right side closer to the center aisle. There was one moment late in Act 1 that will always stick with me, especially in an intimate space. (The premium single in the first row in your second image would be the right area - but so would the pink seats that have no counter in front of them.)

The one advantage of sitting on the house left side of that aisle, especially since I'm not that tall, was having a slightly better view of staging in front of the pie counter, especially when someone was seated near the head of the first full bench. However, it is small enough that I'd grab any seat in that area if/when I finally make a return visit.

Updated On: 8/3/17 at 09:09 AM

MadsonMelo
#231Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 4/16/18 at 6:39pm

Sorry to bump this thread, but what are the chances that this extends past the end date of August 26? 

I will be coming to NY in October, but really early like 8, is there a chance that this will be yet running?