News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for schubox

Member Name: schubox
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dave Malloy's THREE HOUSES at Signature  May 8 2024, 11:50:04 PM

steve.sometime said: "I saw it last Saturday. This honestly feels like an extension of Octet, which I loved. Octet had 8 characters telling their stories.Three Houses introduced3 more, only that each story is now half an hour long. Maybe it's me not being emotionallyready to relive the trauma of the pandemic; maybe the stories did meander a bittoo much and lacked a punch, I was left unsatisfied. Obviously the show is still in preview and a lot could improve, but at the moment, it

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Mar 19 2024, 01:45:49 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "schubox said: "Haven't been to the St. James in a while, do you think aisle closest to center on side mez row 1 or orch row m is better? Need an aisle and the middle orch aisle and middle mezz aisle is taken"

For a dance show like this, front mezz seems most ideal.
"

That was my thought as well. I'm going for the music, so I figured a better view of the stage was the way to go

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Mar 19 2024, 12:43:28 PM

Haven't been to the St. James in a while, do you think aisle closest to center on side mez row 1 or orch row m is better? Need an aisle and the middle orch aisle and middle mezz aisle is taken

Illinoise - best new score?  Mar 19 2024, 12:21:19 PM

As someone who has adored Sufjan for decades and seen him in concert multiple times, this thread is weird 

Illinoise - best new score?  Mar 18 2024, 04:58:57 PM

Is this for sure coming to Broadway? Was going to extend my trip a day to catch it since I've been trying to see it since it was upstate. But wanted to make sure before I changed my flight 

The Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY musical at Arena Stage  Dec 14 2023, 04:22:07 PM

For those of you who have seen it, can you describe the set transition in spoilers? I saw it in Berkeley and am curious what they are doing with it in DC

The Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY musical at Arena Stage  Dec 6 2023, 02:15:57 PM

I enjoyed this at Berkeley but my wife loved it and really wants to see it if it transfers. Was just curious if there were any rumblings. Seems doubtful it would be anywhere in the spring right? That's when I am thinking of heading up again

Fake Theatre Kids  Dec 6 2023, 02:14:16 PM

I'm glad I aged out of caring about other people and what thy like or pretend to like. Who cares?

The Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY musical at Arena Stage  Dec 5 2023, 02:51:01 PM

Has anyone seen this? I saw it in CA so was curious if there were any changes. Also anyone know if this is slotted for a Broadway transfer?

Recordings of Raul Esparza/Adam Heller/Lin Manuel Miranda in Merrily  Nov 19 2023, 07:59:33 PM

binau said: "I’m quite sure Raul Esparza played Charlie in 2002 at the Kennedy Center and there is no recording."

There is a bootleg out there that isn't great. And some youtube videos. Still the Franklin Shepard, Inc. I compare all others to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3RAF6jqOYc

Sufjan Stevens & Justin Peck's  Nov 17 2023, 09:00:08 PM

inception said: "Not a very long run."

Maybe it extends? I see the next show isn’t until late May

The Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY musical at Arena Stage  Nov 15 2023, 12:32:39 PM

bear88 said: "RippedMan said: "I think this could prove to be an awards darling. Great merch/poster art. Could see this popping into Circle for a spring opening if all things are good in DC."

Unless the staging, which features an interesting moment in the show, is changed, it’s not a Circle in the Square candidate.
"

Yeah was a great moment, not sure how they'd do that on Broadway, sure they'll think of something.

Thi

MERRILY 2023 Broadway Revival Cast Recording dropping 11/15 at midnight!  Nov 15 2023, 10:48:05 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "How Groff says the one word “Everything” in “Our Time” made me just spontaneously start crying."

I've pretty much just listening to Our Time over and over this morning

MERRILY 2023 Broadway Revival Cast Recording dropping 11/15 at midnight!  Nov 15 2023, 10:02:48 AM

I love that they surprised us with this. This is one of my favorite shows of all time and seeing this version in person was almost overwhelming. I never thought I would like anyone's version of Franklin Shepard, Inc. as much as Raul Esparza's but I loved Radcliffe's take on it. I'm not sure I'll be able to get back and see it again unless they maybe extend one more time. But I'll be wearing this out.

GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Previews  Oct 9 2023, 08:31:10 AM

Saw this last night too and loved it. Some Oh Hello! vibes to it. But laughed a lot, Rannells and Gad have great chemistry and my crowd was really into it. Was a lot of fun 

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Oct 9 2023, 12:26:55 AM

n2nbaby said: "Call me crazy, but I just don’t see this transferring but, hey, crazier things have happened.

It is worth seeing 100% if you’re a fan of this cast and/or Sondheim.
"

Agree. Doesn’t seem like something that would transfer. And this cast is absolutely stacked. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews  Oct 7 2023, 06:07:43 PM

Saw this last night and absolutely adored it. I really love Merrily so I’m probably biased, but I thought the three leads were basically perfect. Crowd was great as well. Franklin Shepard Inc is one of my favorite theater songs and Raul Esparza’s version is always my favorite, but I thought Radcliffe did it fantastically well. He’s got great comedic chops and a much lovelier voice than I was expecting. I wish it wasn’t dark tomorrow before opening cause I would try to

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Oct 7 2023, 06:04:48 PM

Saw the matinee today. I was in the center row M which is the second to last row. Was worried it would be too far back but it was great. As for questions about the side, there are a couple short sections that took place at the back of the stage that I wondered if the people in the sides could see clearly. And it’s definitely played to the front and not in the round as someone else noted. 

As for the show, I’m not sure how I feel yet. My wife really enjoyed

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread  Sep 6 2023, 12:40:54 PM

I am leaving town on my trip on the 9th, sucks. I didn't love this show but I love Titus

Play about making of  Jul 20 2023, 12:59:43 PM

A.J. said: "Tag said: "It's really not a comedy though. Or a drama. It's kind of nothing. Sure there are scattered jokes, some of which land well. But if you are expecting a night of laugh-out-loud funny, this isn't it.

Also notice all their pull quotes are from the British press, and nothing from Toronto. This show has a British sensibility and quietness about it. Something that didn't land in Toronto.
"

I think there’s g

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You