pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/19/17- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/19/17

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/19/17
Posted: 2/21/17 at 7:30pm

COME FROM AWAY's grosses will be interesting this week. A holiday week, plus three shows (out of 7) offered the $38 rush seats. The show, for the most part, looks nearly sold out this week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/19/17
Posted: 2/21/17 at 8:42pm

The Master has spuck[my word] so don't anyone else DARE make a comment or speculation on Grosses thread without first attaining degrees/diplomas and a thorough understanding and background checking of all things bookkeeping related.

The wrath of hdkfjgh will descend from where it sits like the money counters from The Producers adorned with a sequined eye shade.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/19/17
Posted: 2/21/17 at 8:48pm

PThespian said: "My friends who work at the show are reporting SRO at every performance with mid-show standing ovations. "

well that is pretty consistent with heavy papering to friendly groups, which is somewhat borne out by the disconnect between the grosses and the attendance as well as the behavior. As I suggested above, not much sense can be made from the first few frames, much less one with only a few performances over a holiday weekend. 

stlrod
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/19/17
Posted: 2/21/17 at 10:30pm

Can papering be called a sold ticket? I was curious about the disconnect also.   I paid for mine.  And wanted to go back to the box offfice immediately but had plans.