News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for stlrod

Member Name: stlrod
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BC/EFA Fall 2023 Collections  Nov 13 2023, 12:56:16 PM

MX888 said: "Anyone at Merrily today and did they offer BC/EFA items? Do they (specifically this show) normally collect after shows on Sundays? Thanks in advance."

Yes, I was there and it was the usual items plus a piece of paper from the typewriter where JG had typed some words signed by the 3 leads was auctioned. Not sure how much it went for since we had to leave.

The Muny's 106th Season will present WAITRESS, HEIGHTS, and more in 2024  Nov 2 2023, 01:22:38 PM

Well, at least I won't need to worry about the humidity and heat next summer.

SPAMALOT 2023 Previews  Oct 31 2023, 06:00:08 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "I'll be there as well - for those wondering, I won the LuckySeat lottery and got last row balcony (which is a little surprising considering I only got one ticket, and there are MANY unsold seats in other sections)... Still looking forward to this, though!"

That kind of money grab on a show that is clearly not selling well makes me want to see it that much less.

SPAMALOT To Play The St James This Fall  Oct 26 2023, 07:37:55 AM

Sort of surprised by the apparent lack of enthusiasm for this show.  Pulled up some dates for an upcoming trip and the theater appears to be wide open.

HARMONY previews  Oct 25 2023, 08:08:36 PM

Barrymore doesn’t always work so try Regular or Economy if not.

Audience Rewards ticket locations  Oct 24 2023, 03:50:08 PM

I just redeemed for the first time for Kimberly Akimbo.  It seemed like it took me forever to rack up enough points for it to be useful.  Then I redeemed for rear mezzanine for 10k points plus $72 per ticket. Of course, two days later a discount code was released.  Is it the general consensus that AR is pretty useless?

HARMONY previews  Oct 20 2023, 04:03:18 PM

Is it okay to post discount codes in this thread?

HARMONY previews  Oct 19 2023, 08:14:28 AM

Glad to see the positive remarks.  Caught the opening number on The Today Show and was underwhelmed.  Final slot is between this and Some Like It Hot. 

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 15 2022, 06:03:49 PM

Tonsillitis?  No wonder she couldn't sing.  If she has surgery, recovery is conveniently two weeks.  So glad I sold my tickets the day after the sitzprobe video came out.  I'll apply the $2.00 profit to tickets to see Lea Michele.  Not a big fan of hers, but love the music and she can sing.  

7 Shows In 4 Days (May 12-16, 2022)  May 16 2022, 02:46:37 PM

yyys said: "was there a reason why you walked out of Mr. Saturday NIght? Most reviews are positive.."

While we did have a flight to catch which we would have made if we stayed, the show was just boring and the first act seemed interminable (I did laugh at the $25,000 Pyramid schtick.)   I had never seen the movie so it should have been fresh to me but the humor  was stale and the songs were pitiful (loved Bridges of Madison County). 

7 Shows In 4 Days (May 12-16, 2022)  May 16 2022, 11:19:34 AM

You and I were at the same performances of A Strange Loop and Plaza Suite.  I enjoyed Plaza Suite more than you, mostly for SJP.  I enjoyed A Strange Loop but would probably have enjoyed it more if I could have heard the lyrics better from the 5th row center orchestra.  Caught Take Me Out Saturday night and that, along with Into the Woods were the standouts of the weekend for me.  We walked out of Mr. Satu

Mr. Saturday Night  May 15 2022, 04:25:49 PM

Every time my wife and I visit NYC (we’ve been probably 30-40 times) we try to experience something new.  Thank goodness for this show we succeeded on this trip.  First show we’ve ever walked out of at intermission. 

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods  May 15 2022, 09:45:41 AM

We saw the show Friday night and really not much to add to the well deserved accolades it is receiving. It was a special night for us.  We've been coming to NYC almost every year for 34 years (sometimes twice) and the original cast of Into the Woods (sans Bernadette Peters but with Phylicia Rashad) was the first show we ever saw in NYC.  We too were disappointed about Borle but frankly, after seeing NPH's take on the Baker, we can't imagine anyone who would have

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  May 13 2022, 12:05:12 PM

Sutton Ross said: "three Lululemons "

Was there really a need for this label?  There is truth that the show needs broad appeal to survive so those who are different from the lead need not be characterized in this manner unless they are being outwardly antagonistic.  After all, acceptance is a primary theme of the show.  And if you can't hear the words, it could be a challenge to understand the character is white.  

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  May 12 2022, 11:10:58 PM

Gerrold44 said: "Might be a weird question but a friend runs a high school-age theatre program and they're trying to decide which show to bring their students to this year. They're all fine with more mature content (and the parents want them to see "real theatre" as opposed to Disney/film adaptations), but wondering if anyone can DM and let me know specifically how much physical sexual content and drug use is in the show? Want to make sure I have a full scope before

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  May 12 2022, 10:50:43 PM

Saw the show tonight and enjoyed it very much and definitely more than Six.    I didn't find the content shocking but it probably helped to read the comments on here first.  The story was a little weak but the score was good with some of it great.  How this show got nominated for Best Sound though is a complete mystery (other than Sound getting lumped in with its other achievements.)  The sound issues are real and detracted from the experience greatly (fr

2 Tix for The Minutes Tonight $60 (below value)  May 12 2022, 10:11:06 AM

I've got two tickets for The Minutes tonight. $60 (for both) if anyone wants them.  Mezzanine 3rd row a few seats off aisle.   PM me.

A Strange Loop or Hadestown?  Apr 27 2022, 06:59:09 PM

Matt Rogers said: "Wait, are Broadway tickets now refundable? I know there were some COVID refund stipulations, but can you now just get refunds on tickets no matter what the reason?"

No I've just generally found I can sell them for what I paid for them and sometimes even make a couple dollars.  (Might lose a bit on The Minutes though.)

A Strange Loop or Hadestown?  Apr 27 2022, 06:43:36 PM

Tell us what the other shows are?  Maybe we can all agree. I dropped Funny Girl to move Into the Woods into its spot and then traded  The Minutes for A Strange Loop.  I love Hadestown and if I had a spot left I'd see it again.

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 26 2022, 10:48:21 PM

It seems like people are focusing a little too much on a few outlying reviews all of which also have positive things to say about the show.  Overall, these reviews are fantastic and all involved are to be congratulated!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You