Ben Platt in DEH in November

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/7/17 at 11:32pm

Since I got Hamilton tickets for a Wednesday in early November, I'm going to catch an afternoon show. Should Ben Platt still be in DEH by then?

Updated On: 3/7/17 at 11:32 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/7/17 at 11:33pm

I'm not the one who would know this answer, but the person who does would probably like a specific date

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#3Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/7/17 at 11:51pm

Just inferring here, but it seems the last day of his contract would be November 12th, but he can of course sign again. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 2:05am

^seems about right. One year after performances started. No way of knowing if he'll extend.

My gut says no, as he'll be exhausted, and, assuming he wins the Tony,  some big opportunities could come his way. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

sondheimfan3
haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#6Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 7:10am

dramamama611 said: "^seems about right. One year after performances started. No way of knowing if he'll extend."

Isn't the contract from when rehearsals start?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#7Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 7:45am

haterobics said: "dramamama611 said: "^seems about right. One year after performances started. No way of knowing if he'll extend."

Isn't the contract from when rehearsals start?

For rehearsals, actors make the Equity minimum salary. Contractual salary begins with the first preview, or if the rehearsals run too long. For example, HAMILTON had its first preview on July 13, 2015. Lin-Manuel Miranda, Leslie Odom Jr, and Phillipa Soo left the production on July 9, 2016. So, based on this, I'm guessing the one-year DEAR EVAN HANSEN contracts should run through November 12, 2017.

Updated On: 3/8/17 at 07:45 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 7:48am

^ Thanks for succinct answer.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#9Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 9:20am

Interesting. Right now, they are selling tickets through November 19, which makes one wonder if that (for whatever reason) is when contracts end? Seems weird to just add an extra week like that, even though he's not above the title... unless they are trying to thwart scalpers through misdirection. Ben Platt in DEH in November

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#10Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 9:23am

It's worth noting that one-year contracts don't necessarily end one year to the day from the first performance.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#11Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 9:46am

haterobics said: "Interesting. Right now, they are selling tickets through November 19, which makes one wonder if that (for whatever reason) is when contracts end? Seems weird to just add an extra week like that, even though he's not above the title... unless they are trying to thwart scalpers through misdirection. Ben Platt in DEH in November

November 19 is possible, too. I guessed November 12, 2017, since it's the Sunday closest to one year from the first preview, and actors' runs often end on Sunday. In any event, it's safe to assume that somewhere around mid-November will be the end of the first year's contracts.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#12Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 9:53am

Looks like the scalpers are hedging their bets. Both dates are picked pretty thin. Ben Platt in DEH in November

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#14Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 11:06am

Contracts go by weeks, not dates, so I think it's fair to assume that Platt's contract includes all performances currently on sale. November 19, 2017, is 52 weeks from the first week of performances.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#15Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 11:24am

Laura said that her contract is though November 19, I am assuming the whole cast has that as of now. I predict that Ben and Laura will extend at least through the new year.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#16Ben Platt in DEH in November

Laura said that her contract is though November 19, I am assuming the whole cast has that as of now. I predict that Ben and Laura will extend at least through the new year.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#17Ben Platt in DEH in November

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#18Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 11:38am

I highly doubt they will extend, for the reasons already stated, unless they are offered money too good to pass up. This is truly a star-making performance and the opportunities are going to start rolling in for Platt. I'm sure they already have.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#19Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 11:48am

In terms of pricing, Nov 3-12 mezz seats that used to be $169 are now $189. Same seats for Nov 14-19 are back to $169. Not sure if this is a glitch. Also, for Nov 3-12, all orch seats are blocked off. I'm guessing box office will release them after Tony's to be able to sell them at higher price? 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#20Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 12:05pm

Speaking of Ben, https://twitter.com/bensplatt/status/839509449370923008

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#21Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 12:06pm

Thanks guys! So happy I will be able to barely catch Ben. Gotta save money to get dear evan hansen tickets though. But, I noticed the orchestra seats aren't available. Are they not on sale yet?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#22Ben Platt in DEH in November
Posted: 3/8/17 at 12:10pm

I think they'll release more orch seats later on, probably after the Tonys.

personally, I think the best seat is Center front mezz so you can see all the projections clearly.

i hope you're able to get tickets!!!