pixeltracker

Which show posts closing notice first- Page 4

Which show posts closing notice first

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#75Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/3/17 at 12:59am

ameleigh said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "I sound like a broken record saying this on 25 different threads, but my dream is that Soo will be Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady next spring. It works on so many levels.

"

YES PLEASE!!

"She's my choice...would LOVE that!

Which show posts closing notice first

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#76Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/4/17 at 7:32pm

Answer to the thread question: Amélie, closing May 21.

What's next on the proverbial chopping block? Bandstand?

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#77Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/4/17 at 10:43pm

I would like to ask others a question. How long can a musical last without any major Tony nominations and at best mixed reviews? "Finding Neverland" got zero nominations and not so great reviews but had two well known stars which helped it's run. "Bandstand" got two minor Tony nominations and mixed reviews but have no stars known to people outside of the Broadway community. Can word of mouth only carry a show for more than a year?

Cfried
#78Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/4/17 at 11:46pm

yankeefan7 said: "I would like to ask others a question. How long can a musical last without any major Tony nominations and at best mixed reviews? "Finding Neverland" got zero nominations and not so great reviews but had two well known stars which helped it's run. "Bandstand" got two minor Tony nominations and mixed reviews but have no stars known to people outside of the Broadway community. Can word of mouth only carry a show for more than a year?"

Well, A Bronx Tale has been running now for 6 months with mixed reviews and 0 Tony nominations. It doesn't seem to show any signs of closing and is doing very well at the box office. Who knows how long it will last? 

I do hope Bandstand finds an audience. I would hate to see it close so soon. 

coreman009
#79Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/5/17 at 12:26am

Bandstand blew me away, and it's highlighted by Cott and Osnes giving two of the best performances I've ever seen. I really think it has a chance to have a solid run, like A Bronx Tale. That show had no stars and worse reviews, but has done well for months. Bandstand deserves a healthy run and I do think it's gonna get that. 

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#80Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/5/17 at 8:21pm

"Bandstand blew me away, and it's highlighted by Cott and Osnes giving two of the best performances I've ever seen. I really think it has a chance to have a solid run, like A Bronx Tale. That show had no stars and worse reviews, but has done well for months. Bandstand deserves a healthy run and I do think it's gonna get that. "

I hope you are right about Bandstand, saw it last weekend and really liked it. I agree, Cotts and Osnes were really good and as I mentioned in another post the ensemble are excellent dancers.

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#81Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/5/17 at 8:27pm

Cfried said: "yankeefan7 said: "I would like to ask others a question. How long can a musical last without any major Tony nominations and at best mixed reviews? "Finding Neverland" got zero nominations and not so great reviews but had two well known stars which helped it's run. "Bandstand" got two minor Tony nominations and mixed reviews but have no stars known to people outside of the Broadway community. Can word of mouth only carry a show for more than a year?"

Well, A Bronx Tale has been running now for 6 months with mixed reviews and 0 Tony nominations. It doesn't seem to show any signs of closing and is doing very well at the box office. Who knows how long it will last? 

"

Has a show ever "found an audience" after it's opened? I am asking in earnest. Do we have any examples of shows that started out with poor sales and suddenly started selling out right before they had to close? If anyone has any examples please share them and give possible reasons why? Maybe this should be a separate thread. 

Willie4316
#82Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/5/17 at 8:38pm

MadonnaMusical said: "Cfried said: "yankeefan7 said: "I would like to ask others a question. How long can a musical last without any major Tony nominations and at best mixed reviews? "Finding Neverland" got zero nominations and not so great reviews but had two well known stars which helped it's run. "Bandstand" got two minor Tony nominations and mixed reviews but have no stars known to people outside of the Broadway community. Can word of mouth only carry a show for more than a year?"

"

Has a show ever "found an audience" after it's opened? I am asking in earnest. Do we have any examples of shows that started out with poor sales and suddenly started selling out right before they had to close? If anyone has any examples please share them and give possible reasons why? Maybe this should be a separate thread. 
"

One that did extremely well after awards was Gentleman's Guide in terms of grosses, however it maintained a pretty consistent audience and built that up to max capacity even before the Tonys. 

Videos