pixeltracker

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017- Page 5

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#100SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 9/15/17 at 9:25am

Whateverjsays said: "CT2NYC said: "Seriously, though, the scenic design looks beyond spectacular. I, for one, can't wait to see it in person, andI'm reserving judgement on the cast recording until I experience the show in its entirety.

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
"

I'm far more excited about this than I should be. I'm going to hold off on listening to the album until after I've seen it. I did listen to 'Simple Sponge' and loved it though. I have seats in the balcony and seriously considering upgrading to the orchestra
"

Side orchestra seats are $79 on Ticketmaster with discount code "SPONGEBOB." 

secretschuylersister Profile Photo
secretschuylersister
#102SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 9/26/17 at 7:48am

They recently opened their online shop and a handful of their items say "Chicago" on it. Yikes

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#103SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 9/26/17 at 12:29pm

secretschuylersister said: "They recently opened their online shop and a handful of their items say "Chicago" on it. Yikes"

That's because there are two sections to their store - one clearly labeled "Chicago Collection", and the other where you pre-order Broadway merchandise that all say "Broadway" on them. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Sho-Tunes-R-Us Profile Photo
Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#104SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 9/27/17 at 4:10am

"CT2NYC said: "Ethan Slater's singing voice is a strange musical theatre/alternative pop/animated character hybrid, and I, for one, am totally into it.  I'm really looking forward to this show!"

And well you should.  I traveled to Chicago last year specifically to see the show - something I have never done before - and absolutely adored it.  Will be in NYC to attend two preview performances as well.  I'll be very interested to see what changes are made.

The score is pure pop bliss to me and each song fits the character/situation it was created for.  The actors are perfectly cast and the production design is wonderful [think CATS junkyard set, only under the sea and in florescent colors] and extends out from the proscenium.  It may help slightly to be a SpongeBob fan, but just watching one episode of the series can pretty much bring you up to speed on the individual characters and tone of the show - both on screen and on stage.

Squidwards [curmudgeons] are encouraged to stay far, far away for this piece,  but SpongeBobs [eternal optimists] both young and old should rejoice. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#105SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 9/27/17 at 9:46am

I’ve had Hero is our middle name on loops for what seems like the past day. It’s so god damn catchy and I love the ryhthm and the amount of power and uplifting messages from the song. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement