pixeltracker

OKAY you folks just aren't trying at all- Page 3

OKAY you folks just aren't trying at all

UncleCharlie
#50OKAY you folks just aren't trying at all
Posted: 6/23/17 at 3:01pm

LYLS3637 said: "The fact right in front of your face is that while more Democrats than Republicans voted in 2012 (securing Obama's 2nd term and 23 of out of a possible 33 Democratic Senate seats), the party faced new, harshly gerrymandered Congressional districts. Which brings me back to 2010 when Barack Obama and the Democratic Party made a colossal strategic error leading to a Tea Party wave across Congress and state legislatures (who drew the new Congressional lines). You didn't hear me say Pelosi is blameless. But she's just one cook in the kitchen and not even "mostly" responsible for why the Democratic Party is where it is. 

The narrative you push isn't used on Chuck Schumer. It's not used on Jim Clyburn. It's not used on Barrack Obama. It's not used on Joe Biden. Hell, the Left didn't spout that kind of contempt at Harry Reid. But when it comes to Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton, the blame just pours. I'm not "desperately clutching" at anything, but you certainly are.

She wasn't just one cook in the kitchen. She was the executive chef of her restaurant and when the food is bad even if the line cooks made the food or your purveyors sent you crap, the exec chef is responsible and gets fired for not providing the right leadership. Coaches and managers in sports who've been very successful for years get fired every day if the team is doing poorly, even if they are still coaching great and the players just aren't playing well. It's great to be "in charge" but there is a responsibility and an accountability that goes with it and you lose your job if your organization isn't successful even though you may have managed the hell out of it.

It's not used on Chuck Schumer because he just became Senate minority leader this past January. He hasn't even been through a single general election yet as leader let alone 4 of them. But 4-6 years from now, if the Dems haven't regained control of the Senate you can bet I'll be saying the same thing and would be now if Harry Reid was still there. Of course, Reid stepped aside on his own and didn't have to be dragged out kicking and screaming.

You seem to believe people who have not been successful in their roles should get a pass because they are women. That's really sad. There can be no doubt women face tougher challenges than men, glass ceilings are very real and need to be broken and some people are intimidated by powerful women but when misguided people like you scream "it's because she's a women" even when the criticism is justified, you do no one any favors. When it really is a case of gender discrimination, most will have grown so weary of being accused of it constantly by people like you, they'll be too tired/annoyed/disinterested to pay attention to it when it's genuinely happening.

Updated On: 6/23/17 at 03:01 PM

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#51OKAY you folks just aren't trying at all
Posted: 6/24/17 at 12:02am

Strong women are not liked by women as well.  It's a cultural flaw.

Stephanatic

UncleCharlie
#52OKAY you folks just aren't trying at all
Posted: 6/24/17 at 4:12pm

Interesting article in today's Daily News discussing the comments of D Congresswoman Kathleen Rice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/stasi-step-nancy-pelosi-turn-article-1.3274720?utm_content=buffer6747e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Updated On: 6/24/17 at 04:12 PM

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#53OKAY you folks just aren't trying at all
Posted: 6/25/17 at 1:45pm

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-explains-why-the-democratic-party-is-doomed/article/2627004

I don't necessarily  agree re the Russian collusion but the reinvention of the party sounds like the right idea

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#54OKAY you folks just aren't trying at all
Posted: 6/26/17 at 8:28am

Please don't quote Julian Assange to us. It's insulting.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#55OKAY you folks just aren't trying at all
Posted: 1/16/18 at 12:00am

Bump

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Videos