BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#25Curtains On Broadway
Posted: 7/8/17 at 8:32pm

Well put, fashionguru!

wonkit
#26Curtains On Broadway
Posted: 7/8/17 at 11:16pm

"Back to a simpler time in musical theatre" - I agree with that statement which is why I found it to be an underwhelming bore. David Hyde Pierce seemed to be phoning it in at the matinee I saw, and that was during the Tony review period. I did enjoy Debra Monk's performance but the music was so forgettable. 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#27Curtains On Broadway
Posted: 7/8/17 at 11:40pm

Interesting to hear the different opinions. I LOVE the score - I think it's one of Kander & Ebb's best. You can hear when Holmes started on the lyrics.

At the time many believed the win for David Hyde Pierce was a way to award the show as a whole, as it wasn't going to win a single other award up against SPRING AWAKENING and GREY GARDENS. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#28Curtains On Broadway
Posted: 7/9/17 at 12:06am

I was torn between CURTAINS and another show all the way up to when I was standing in line to get my ticket. Curtains won out becausd I wanted to see Debra Monk. I knew she had injured herself a few days before but I really wanted to see her live. Well, she was out that afternoon and I was almost regretting my choice. It ended up being one of the most wonderful afternoons at the theater I have had. Loved it!

Fast forward to 2011, I got to meet Ms Monk and told her how much I wanted to see her in the show. We chatted and I was happy with meeting her!

Just give the world Love.

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#29Curtains On Broadway
Posted: 7/9/17 at 1:48pm

My daughter was in 6th grade and we took a trip to NYC for Fall Break, it would be the first of many that continue to this day.    We saw 5 shows that long weekend--Wicked, Curtains, Mary Poppins, Young Frankenstein, and Legally Blonde.   Curtains and Legally Blonde ended up being two of our favorites.   They were also the two we had the least expectations. The show brings back very fond memories for me and that first trip with my daughter.   A friend of ours was involved with the show and introduced us to DHP and we even met Dennis Franz while waiting backstage.    I thought it was a cute charming show.   I have since seen it done by a local high school and it is an excellent production for a school to perform.   

Videos