News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for IdinaBellFoster

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
Member Name: IdinaBellFoster
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 24 2024, 10:58:42 PM

binau said: "I might be repeating myself with this question but has anyone seen bothAto Blankson-Wood and Omari Douglas in the role? The reason I ask is because I swear the way people describe Ato it's also how I felt about Omari - so I'm wondering if the common link is actually the direction of the character and not the actor."

This production’s direction of Cliff is its weakest link. The actor I saw in London last year seemed lost at sea, and from wha

Menzel-led REDWOOD to transfer to Broadway this season
 Jul 16 2024, 11:44:26 PM

Idina absolutely will sell tickets. She comes to Broadway so rarely compared to some of her counterparts (Audra, Sutton, etc). Plus this sounds like a much smaller show than IF/THEN from a budget perspective.

Menzel-led REDWOOD to transfer to Broadway this season
 Jul 16 2024, 12:05:41 PM

Idina back at the Nederlander is really incredible. Can’t wait!

Would love to see a Sound of Music Revival
 Jul 15 2024, 12:29:59 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I would have love to have seen Sutton Foster as Maria sometime between 2005-2015 with the right director. I think she has the exact right personality for the role and would have brought something interesting vocally to it that would not make anyone think of Julie Andrews or Mary Martin."

She would’ve been great! As someone mentioned above, Maria isn’t the ingenue she’s been turned into over time, and Sutton has that ve

Revised THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE in Japan
 Jul 10 2024, 05:58:05 PM

The rights are still restricted so I imagine they are still actively working on the new version. To pause the money (especially from high school productions) has to mean changes are still coming.

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 29 2024, 03:51:05 PM

For anyone who has used the Educator discount - how strict are they with the ID? The ID from my university doesn’t display a terrible amount of information. Wondering if they’re matching names/photos or being more strict and what I should expect.

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jun 29 2024, 03:46:39 PM

Ensemble1718523557 said: "Attended last night's performance and sat in "partial view" seats orchestra J16-18 ($114 each, just uploaded to aviewfrommyseat). I say "partial" as the view was great! Since the set is close to the front of the stage, wecould see everythingexcept a bookshelf onthe right side of the stage, which only impacted a few seconds total of the show. As for the stage door,because it'son 46th, the crowd was rather small. I had to leave afte

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jun 26 2024, 11:33:48 PM

Also if anyone sat in the orchestra or balcony partial view seats would love to hear how actually “partial view” they are.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 26 2024, 05:20:55 PM

I love Rannells but this feels like an upgrade.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 10:27:23 PM

Audra playing Rose is obviously beyond thrilling, but George C. Wolfe directing is really the cherry on top. I can’t wait to see what magic they create together.

BEACHES The Musical (or, musicals that replaced the composer & score)
 May 25 2024, 02:08:33 PM

Jessica Vosk as Chappell Roan as CC Bloom

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio
 May 17 2024, 11:47:28 AM

This is really an incredible recording. I’m hearing so much in the score and orchestrations that I missed seeing it live. “Shine” is really a highlight. I know she’s a little tall, but would love to see Rachel Bay Jones tackle Sally eventually.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 16 2024, 05:43:53 PM

Editing the greatest book ever written for a musical is such an insane thought, but I don’t doubt revisions are happening. I like the small edit of cutting the “Small World” reprise in the Patti production, but even Laurents admitted it was only there for Merman to have a second act solo before Rose’s Turn.

George Clooney is coming to Broadway.
 May 13 2024, 01:14:20 PM

Wow this is huge. Looks like now it’s Clooney & Grant Heslov on the script now (they wrote the screenplay).

Rumors about Guys and Dolls London transfer to Broadway?
 May 12 2024, 09:39:10 PM

A shame if the CABARET reviews killed this. This is an actual immersive production.

ILLINOISE Reviews
 May 8 2024, 11:34:45 PM

It appears it was Thomas Gates, their production stage manager, who passed away. Absolutely awful. Sara Bareilles just posted about his passing as he was the PSM for Waitress as well…

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 May 1 2024, 12:19:59 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "chrishuyen said: "Question about the Merrily orchestrations, I understand Tunick was eligible for the reworked orchestrations from 1994, so I guess there's no "classics rule" for orchestrations? But also in that case shouldn't the reworked book for Merrily also be eligible? Is this just another case of "the Tony administration does what they want"?"

Tunick has actually been nominated severa

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 Apr 30 2024, 09:31:37 AM

Listener said: "Yeah just caught that 😅

Guess I was so happy for Eden my brain shutoff.

How did Cabaret get so many nominations when the show seems to be such a misfire?
"

The show was a misfire for most critics, but that is an entirely different set of people from the nominating committee, which then expands to the much larger voting body. It still has a decent chance at many of its nominations.

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season
 Apr 27 2024, 06:07:22 PM

“My Days” from THE NOTEBOOK is the first song I’ve heard from a new musical this season that I immediately wanted to hear again and again.

MARY JANE Reviews
 Apr 24 2024, 01:02:34 AM

A Tony race between Rachel McAdams & Sarah Paulson. A gift!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You