News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for IdinaBellFoster

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
Member Name: IdinaBellFoster
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 1 2024, 12:19:59 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "chrishuyen said: "Question about the Merrily orchestrations, I understand Tunick was eligible for the reworked orchestrations from 1994, so I guess there's no "classics rule" for orchestrations? But also in that case shouldn't the reworked book for Merrily also be eligible? Is this just another case of "the Tony administration does what they want"?"

Tunick has actually been nominated severa

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 09:31:37 AM

Listener said: "Yeah just caught that 😅

Guess I was so happy for Eden my brain shutoff.

How did Cabaret get so many nominations when the show seems to be such a misfire?
"

The show was a misfire for most critics, but that is an entirely different set of people from the nominating committee, which then expands to the much larger voting body. It still has a decent chance at many of its nominations.

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season  Apr 27 2024, 06:07:22 PM

“My Days” from THE NOTEBOOK is the first song I’ve heard from a new musical this season that I immediately wanted to hear again and again.

MARY JANE Reviews  Apr 24 2024, 01:02:34 AM

A Tony race between Rachel McAdams & Sarah Paulson. A gift!

2024 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards  Apr 23 2024, 04:23:03 PM

Worth noting it also states they were not invited to see HERE WE ARE, so it was deemed ineligible.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 11:50:25 PM

These reviews are more or less what I expected. I felt the American critics would be far more critical of the major choices made throughout the production. It’s a situation where I love many of the choices made, but completely understand why someone may be turned off by them at the same time.

THE WIZ Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 18 2024, 12:02:24 AM

Honestly these are kinder than I expected…

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 01:13:38 PM

This will be pretty huge. Joe Locke in SWEENEY has showed that the HEARTSTOPPER fan base is pretty big and will show up. That mixed with Zegler, the title AND Jack Antonoff (which is honestly what I’m most excited about) will make it a hot ticket.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 4 2024, 11:46:15 PM

I think Frecknell doesn’t really have a clear grasp on the character of Cliff. I thought the actor I saw in London gave truly one of the worst performances I’ve seen on a professional stage, but from what I’m hearing here with an actor I know is great, it feels like it may be a direction problem.

I really loved this in London, but I do feel the reception here will not be as rapturous. 

Who has had the most 1000 show runs on Broadway?  Apr 3 2024, 11:32:29 PM

Stephen Schwartz had had three - PIPPIN, THE MAGIC SHOW, and WICKED.

If you count choreographers, Bob Fosse had four - THE PAJAMA GAME, DAMN YANKEES, HOW TO SUCCEED…, and PIPPIN.

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Mar 21 2024, 10:44:02 PM

I truly have no idea what is going to happen with the Best Musical nominations at this point, and I kind of love it.

Next Sondheim?  Mar 21 2024, 10:38:16 PM

I feel like we’ll see a NIGHT MUSIC soon. There are two parts that any number of (talented) stars could and most likely want to do. But I want lavish - not sitting on the floor like the last one.

AUGUST WILSON'S THE PIANO LESSON Reviews  Mar 19 2024, 01:17:31 PM

That was my thought as well. Only reason this would be announced now would be due to some money coming in through the film rights. I believe they have already completed filming?

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 8 2024, 11:50:58 PM

Add me to the chorus of those who saw it at the Goodman and LOVED it. I hope it’s well received here.

Sweeney Todd. Will there be a press night for the new cast?  Mar 7 2024, 12:06:04 PM

alovingfan said: "Per social media.. Adam Feldman goes the weekend of March 14."

This makes sense, getting the reviews out right before all the new springs shows open.

Eddie Redmaynes involvement in cabaret  Mar 6 2024, 12:38:37 AM

If not a silent producer, he certainly will be getting a big chunk of the box office during his run. The entire production was designed around his interpretation of the Emcee, which was clear to me even seeing it with someone else playing the role.

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Feb 22 2024, 06:20:18 PM

WICKED still does their in-person lottery. I lost the last time I tried it, but ended up being able to grab a great seat as a “lottery loser” for $60 I believe. Maybe they’re hoping to employ a similar strategy.

Idina Menzel to star in new stage musical REDWOOD at La Jolla  Feb 22 2024, 12:52:57 AM

Haven’t seen the show any won’t unless it transfers to New York, but you have to respect Idina’s commitment to new material. Each time she has originated a role on or off Broadway it’s been an original role, with a different composer or writer each time.

Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH  Feb 19 2024, 03:44:50 PM

There is no way this wasn’t part of his contract negotiation - calm down.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 15 2024, 11:14:50 PM

I imagine they will invite them back, but are giving them a bit of time to settle in.

MY FAIR LADY was re-reviewed when Laura Benanti took over. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You