Puffs Off-Bway

Ben_Platt_Out
#25Puffs Off-Bway
Posted: 5/12/18 at 7:50pm

Thought it was meh. I'm not a potter fan, the wife is. I laughed at the 27 Dresses bit. I staged doored the movie theatre but none of the talent came out.

Gink Profile Photo
Gink
#26Puffs Off-Bway
Posted: 5/13/18 at 12:31am

A FB friend said she LOVED it live but didn't love the recording as much. It's always better live, but I've enjoyed  some of the other theater recordings more.

mxfish1313
#27Puffs Off-Bway
Posted: 5/14/18 at 6:07pm

Gink said: "We are Harry Potter fans and just got home from seeing the recording--we laughed quite a bit, but over-all we thought it was just OK. Glad we didn't take the train to the city to see it."

I saw it the other night and felt the same way. It was on our long list for a recent NYC trip, but got nixed pretty early on. I liked the film/recording a lot, and I appreciated a lot of the jokes as a HP fan, but it felt a little tumblr-y. I get that it's fan service by its very nature, and maybe the crowd at my local screening is part of what's creating my bias, but it was just a little too "much" sometimes, IMO. I laughed and I liked it, but it seems geared directly to, like, the high school Be More Chill uber-fans.

TorontoBroadwayFan
#28Puffs Off-Bway
Posted: 5/14/18 at 6:54pm

Anyone know if the filmed version will be available on DVD or for streaming online? Ufortunately it wasn’t shown in Canadian theatres and I would love to see it. 

bigjoec2
#29Puffs Off-Bway
Posted: 5/20/19 at 5:53pm

Finally saw this on Friday. Hilarious! Wife and I both loved it.

The improv by the Zach Smith actor just about had us on the floor. (Hmm, you know what? I don't think I got a playbill at the show. Oh well, I rarely use them).

For anyone who thinks that they might enjoy this, I say go for it, it's great.