Junk or M Butterfly?

rebeccmam31
#1Junk or M Butterfly?
Posted: 8/25/17 at 12:03pm

If you only had a slot for one of them. Additional thanks for including why you would choose what you would choose. I should probably also include that two of the parties are very mature 15-year-old girls.

Kkraw1024
#2Junk or M Butterfly?
Posted: 8/25/17 at 2:30pm

Junk, but I'm madly in love with Steven Pasquale.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#3Junk or M Butterfly?
Posted: 8/25/17 at 2:31pm

Neither of those have even started previews yet so it's impossible to say. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#4Junk or M Butterfly?
Posted: 8/25/17 at 2:37pm

I'm definitely more excited for M Butterfly, by a significant margin. Junk looks interesting, but there's no way to know whether it will be good yet, and I thought Disgraced (by the same playwright) was just ok. M Butterfly could also potentially be a dud, but it has a lot of things going for it on paper. The play, the director, and the lead actor are all excellent and well-established. 

rebeccmam31
#5Junk or M Butterfly?
Posted: 8/25/17 at 3:17pm

Miles2Go2 said: "Neither of those have even started previews yet so it's impossible to say. "

I'm well aware of that, but there is buzz surrounding each, workshops and/or prior incarnations, etc. to pull from. The sorts of replies I'm getting are exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks, everyone. Keep them coming if you have an opinion to share.

carnzee
#6Junk or M Butterfly?
Posted: 8/25/17 at 5:25pm

If you read the reviews from Junk in San Diego, you will get an idea of what to expect, because it had the same director and set designer.

Unfortunately, this M. Butterfly production has never been seen elsewhere, so no way to compare.

Both are challenging for fifteen year olds. I suspect they would like M. Butterfly more. Did they like The Big Short? If so then maybe Junk would be for them.

Videos