pixeltracker

PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original- Page 3

PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original

ImAProphet
#50PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
Posted: 10/13/18 at 10:03am

When does the slap happen? Having never seen the tour I'm trying to think of a moment where it would be appropriate...

Sally Burns
#51PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
Posted: 10/13/18 at 10:14am

ImAProphet said: "When does the slap happen? Having never seen the tour I'm trying to think of a moment where it would be appropriate..."

When Raoul decides that Christine should agree to star in Don Juan Triumphant to give them the opportunity to capture the Phantom.

Loopin’theloop
#52PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
Posted: 10/13/18 at 12:04pm

Although this tour can indeed visit venues that the original cannot, that wasn’t the thinking behind the production. The reason Cameron Macintosh had the show restaged and redesigned was because he was able to use an in house team to do it, therefore not paying the royalties he does with the originally. It was entirely greed based and always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Stacey954 Profile Photo
Stacey954
#53PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
Posted: 10/14/18 at 1:18am

@fosse76
 Lmao.laugh

Your comment is really uncalled for. The thread us old vs new production. Maybe the internet isnt the place for someone who lacks such social grace.

Google phantom.of the opera staircase. You will find images for both scenes.

Let me know where you want to upload my ticket stubbs (with my name) and playbills. Well in the 100s collectively.

stair·case

?sterk?s/

noun

1. a set of stairs and its surrounding walls or structure.

Peace.

Updated On: 10/16/18 at 01:18 AM

Stacey954 Profile Photo
Stacey954
#54PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
Posted: 10/14/18 at 1:20am

Yeah that last chrisine scene was awful. Its was very cold. I wish they had kept those original parts from the older tour production. Shocked really. But JCS and Les Mis new productions are equally awful so it is what it is. I feel like i was raoul slapped.cheeky

Updated On: 10/14/18 at 01:20 AM

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#55PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
Posted: 10/15/18 at 8:05am

Not to be picky, but the only staircase in the original is masquerade. the decent into the lair happens on a ramp (travelator) and the only time Christine wears a white dress is the weddding dress at the end.

It is really sad what they did to the costumes in Masquerade. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#56PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
Posted: 10/15/18 at 8:05am

Loopin’theloop said: "Although this tour can indeed visit venues that the original cannot, that wasn’t the thinking behind the production. The reason Cameron Macintosh had the show restaged and redesigned was because he was able to use an in house team to do it, therefore not paying the royalties he does with the originally. It was entirely greed based and always leaves a bad taste in my mouth."

This is so true, they say that they want something smaller to tour then go on and on about how massive the set is and that its the most technical one currently on tour. Garbage.

Loopin’theloop
#57PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
Posted: 10/15/18 at 9:33am

Justin D said: "Loopin’theloop said: "Although this tour can indeed visit venues that the original cannot, that wasn’t the thinking behind the production. The reason Cameron Macintosh had the show restaged and redesigned was because he was able to use an in house team to do it, therefore not paying the royalties he does with the originally. It was entirely greed based and always leaves a bad taste in my mouth."

This is so true, they say that they want something smaller to tour then go on and on about how massive the set is and that its the most technical one currently on tour. Garbage.
"

Oh, it’s absolutely true. It was just to cut out the original creatives and to make more profit for the producer.

Updated On: 10/16/18 at 09:33 AM

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#58PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
Posted: 10/15/18 at 12:16pm

further to that, the new word tour (original design) is to be re-tooled to tour easier, they could have done this with the current US tour but then they would have to continue to pay royalties.

Stacey954 Profile Photo
Stacey954
#59PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
Posted: 10/16/18 at 8:45pm

Agreed but its supposed to be a staircase. The dress wasnt white i stand corrected. But the lighting was different and thats what i meant i guess. Hadnt seen it in a while so my apologies.

But no worries there are zero "staircase" scenes now! 

My other observations stand tho.

Updated On: 10/16/18 at 08:45 PM