pixeltracker

ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Previews- Page 7

ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Previews

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#150ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Previews
Posted: 3/14/18 at 10:32pm

Gee, since NCL Cruise Lines has an agreement with Buffett for Margaritaville Restaurants. Is there any doubt what one of their upcoming onboard shows will be?

https://www.ncl.com/partners/margaritaville

Updated On: 3/14/18 at 10:32 PM

sdrick
#151ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Previews
Posted: 3/15/18 at 2:39pm

You mean like SPRINGSTEEN?

sdrick
#152ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Previews
Posted: 3/15/18 at 2:41pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I wonder what were the/if there were any changes made between Chicago and NY"

Tons.

sdrick
#153ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Previews
Posted: 3/15/18 at 2:47pm

mailhandler777 said: "Yes there were a ton of them. The whole mezzanine was filled with them singing along and dancing. I felt like I was at a concert and not a theatre production."

You mean like Springsteen?

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#154ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Previews
Posted: 3/15/18 at 3:13pm

Springsteen did not feel like a concert at all. Frankie Valli and Barry Manilow were concerts on Broadway. Springsteen is an honest to goodness play. It’s honestly more of a play with music than even a musical and Bruce’s book was exceedingly well-crafted. 

There was no singing along with Bruce; the arrangements actively discourage it. He treats it as a serious night at the theater and the audience responded accordingly. Margaritaville actively encourages the opposite. 

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#155ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 5:34pm

Wait wait wait. How did I miss this? Did they actually cut the zombies? https://instagram.com/p/BgPqX33Dai5/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

AntV
#156ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 7:09pm

The zombies were in the day before opening. I think that's just poorly worded and he's only talking about his weight being in the past.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#157ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Previews
Posted: 5/8/18 at 10:35pm

I was completely sober - tempted to get a margarita - but I had a great time! It's nothing amazing, and it's basically cruise ship entertainment, but I felt like Ashely directed the **** out of this show. I thought he brought some fun campy moments to it - zombies, the dancing clouds, Lisa Howard floating into the air with a cheeseburger - and I enjoyed myself. I think the songs just aren't theatrical or interesting, granted they aren't suppose to be. They're suppose to be enjoyed on a beach watching the tide roll in, so kind of tough to make those songs pop and sizzle in a big, splashy Broadway musical. I thought everyone was fine, although I'm not sure I see the appeal of Luff? I just didn't get it. She was fine, but nothing that wowed me, and Nolan was charming, but didn't quite register for me either. 

I wouldn't say this would do well on tour, but I think on NCL it will have a very healthy life. I mean, once the beach balls fell people were dancing and singing and it was fun! Can't complain.