pixeltracker

Bandstand Tour Still Happening?- Page 2

Bandstand Tour Still Happening?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#25Bandstand Tour Still Happening?
Posted: 1/12/19 at 6:36pm

ghostlight2 said: "That may be funny, but itis not true. I have a few acquaintances who are 45 supporters and avid Broadway fans."

I tend to think us liberals are more likely to attend theatrical events, but i have known some conservatives who regularly attend theater. In fact, after The Lifespan of a Fact, I spotted an audience member in his late teens or early twenties in full MAGA regalia (oversized hoodie plus ballcap). 

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#26Bandstand Tour Still Happening?
Posted: 1/13/19 at 10:08am

"I saw the show many, many times. I never saw a single MAGA hat, much less an audience filled with them.So many misconceptions about this sweet little show. It wasn't an "America, F#ck Yeah!" kind of show. It was about the very real struggle of soldiers who are used and cast aside after they are no longer useful to the war machine. It really was too bad it didn't catch on."

Great post !! I saw it also and I did not see any MAGA hats either. Yes, the audience was older but I did see  a few 20 something people at the show also. Like you said, this show was not saying America is great and actually it showed the struggle of our veterans when returning home. 

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#27Bandstand Tour Still Happening?
Posted: 1/13/19 at 10:13am

"I tend to think us liberals are more likely to attend theatrical events, but i have known some conservatives who regularly attend theater. In fact, after The Lifespan of a Fact, I spotted an audience member in his late teens or early twenties in full MAGA regalia (oversized hoodie plus ballcap). "

IMO people from all political sides attend theatrical events. Can you tell if the lady next to you with a child at "Frozen" is liberal or conservative?

Updated On: 1/13/19 at 10:13 AM

Jarethan
#28Bandstand Tour Still Happening?
Posted: 1/13/19 at 12:31pm

I got so excited when I saw this-- I loved Bandstand -- only to be disappointed to discover that they are not going to either Sarasota or Tampa, which are big theatre towns.Oh, well, I guess that I can hope for some subsequent B&T production that stops in for a couple of days.  They are making a big mistake, with all the retirees here.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#29Bandstand Tour Still Happening?
Posted: 1/13/19 at 12:38pm

yankeefan7 said: ""I tend to think us liberals are more likely to attend theatrical events, but i have known some conservatives who regularly attend theater. In fact, after The Lifespan of a Fact, I spotted an audience member in his late teens or early twenties in full MAGA regalia (oversized hoodie plus ballcap). "

IMO people from all political sides attend theatrical events. Can you tell if the lady next to you with a child at "Frozen" is liberal or conservative?
"

Yeah. I said, “I tend to think...”, but it’s just a thought. It’s not a fact. Most theater does seem to aspire to liberal ideals, but that doesn’t preclude conservative-leaning people from being passionate or occasional audience members. 

tourboi
#30Bandstand Tour Still Happening?
Posted: 1/13/19 at 4:54pm

Have Sarasota or Tampa announced their seasons? How do you know it's not going there? 

Wfitzhugh10
#31Bandstand Tour Still Happening?
Posted: 1/25/19 at 10:41am

Just had it announced for my theatre (South Bend, IN) as part of the 2019-2020 season!

JustinLovesSideShow
#32Bandstand Tour Still Happening?
Posted: 2/26/19 at 9:46am

Anyone know if your is equity or non equity?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#33Bandstand Tour Still Happening?
Posted: 2/26/19 at 10:12am

Brandon Ellis (who was Davy in the Original Broadway Cast of the show) mentioned on his Instagram story that the tour would be non equity. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 2/26/19 at 10:12 AM

Jakeevan942
#34Bandstand Tour Still Happening?
Posted: 2/26/19 at 10:25am

Bandstand is going out Non-Equity next season, produced by Worklight.