pixeltracker

Mary Poppins Returns Teaser- Page 2

Mary Poppins Returns Teaser

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#25Mary Poppins Returns Teaser...TRAILER????
Posted: 7/18/18 at 11:40am

If I had to guess, I’d say we’ll get a new trailer attached to Christopher Robin.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#26Mary Poppins Returns Teaser...TRAILER????
Posted: 7/18/18 at 11:40am

If I had to guess, I’d say we’ll get a new trailer attached to Christopher Robin.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#27Mary Poppins Returns Teaser...TRAILER????
Posted: 7/18/18 at 11:44am

Mr. Nowack said: "I just hope Blunt has the same charisma Julie had. It's really something how lovable she remained even when being kind a bytch."

Wasn't this a little bit of Blunt's character from The Devil Wears Prada, though? I love her even she definitely is very much a bytch

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#28Mary Poppins Returns Teaser...TRAILER????
Posted: 7/18/18 at 11:54am

I know some people are skeptical of Julie Andrews' Oscar win for Mary Poppins (including Carrie Fisher, who was not unbiased, who made fun of it), but I love that movie and what it represents. I also think seeing so different incarnations of Mary Poppins in the past decade or so has really validated that win for me because Julie Andrews brought something special to that role.

JennH
#29Mary Poppins Returns Teaser...TRAILER????
Posted: 7/18/18 at 12:36pm

Valentina3 said: "Mr. Nowack said: "I just hope Blunt has the same charisma Julie had. It's really something how lovable she remained even when being kind a bytch."

Wasn't this a little bit of Blunt's character from The Devil Wears Prada, though? I love her even she definitely is very much a bytch
"

Exactly this. Many people, me included, walked away from "Prada" saying Emily was the scene stealing favorite bitch, but we all loved her anyway. Only difference I can think of is that M.P. is less bitchy, just more emotionally detached as she's this otherworldly "spirit" of sorts who's job is to help hurting families. So she has to remain detached as to move on from family to family. Of course, no one can beat our beloved Dame Julie as M.P. she was just lovably vain, no-nonsense perfection. It's quite a task to balance all those qualities and make them likable. But Emily is the only acceptable, non-Julie choice for me.

And yes it's likely it'll be attached to Christopher Robin. And as for Christopher Robin...I'll be straight, I'm way more excited about that, than M.P...but there is bias there. "Pooh" is part of my literal identity, I grew up with it way more than M.P. so it catches my childhood nostalgia feelz way more. But I am looking forward to what Emily does. 

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#30Mary Poppins Returns Teaser...TRAILER????
Posted: 7/18/18 at 12:55pm

tbh, I'm glad they haven't released more trailers/info yet. I love Disney, but they can be insufferable in their long-range marketing. I was sick of the live-action Beauty and the Beast before it was even released.

Maybe they're also doing some reshoots or still working on scoring, editing, special effects, etc?

Videos