pixeltracker

EMC/Non-Eq Actors attending AEA auditions...

EMC/Non-Eq Actors attending AEA auditions...

tbaker2
#1EMC/Non-Eq Actors attending AEA auditions...
Posted: 3/8/18 at 2:15pm

So, there's three HUGE auditions happening on March 22nd:

Anastasia Male Singer/ECC call at 10am, Hello Dolly EPA from 10am-6pm, and Waitress ECC/Male Singer at 2pm.

I will be arriving into the city around 9:30-9:45am, and am wondering how my schedule should work. As an EMC actor, will I be able to arrive around 9:45-10am and check in to be seen for Anastasia and Hello Dolly and then check in at 2pm for Waitress . . . .  I need someone to explain for me! Thanks! :)

willep
#2EMC/Non-Eq Actors attending AEA auditions...
Posted: 3/8/18 at 2:24pm

In my experience, EMC actors start lining up at 6 or 7 in the morning, so you will be way down the list checking in at 9:45-10. Then it is just a question of how many Equity actors show up and how quickly the auditions are going as to how many EMC will get seen.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#3EMC/Non-Eq Actors attending AEA auditions...
Posted: 3/8/18 at 3:02pm

If the call starts at 10 that list will be full well before 10, at least in my experience. And I wouldn't bet on checking in for the Waitress call at 2 either. Non-Eq/EMC lists are really intense for Broadway shows and big tours and people get there quite early. 

bwaylvsong
#4EMC/Non-Eq Actors attending AEA auditions...
Posted: 3/8/18 at 5:07pm

Your EMC status is irrelevant at an ECC- you are considered non-eq.
For the EPA, you can sign up on the EMC list any time before the lunch break. There is no way to predict how crowded it will be, but obviously the earlier you arrive/sign in, the more likely you will get seen.

Videos