ABC's "The View"

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#650The View
Posted: 7/10/22 at 11:17am

ucjrdude902 said: "As far as Ive been told, Joy has one more year in her contract, then will determine."

According to Joy's rep, she recently signed a three year renewal on her contract, with an annual salary in 'the eight digit figures' .  When this new contract ends, she will be just a few months shy of her 84th Birthday - same position Barbara Walters was in when she retired from the show in May, 2013. 

AS for the fourth host to replace McCain, a decision will be named by the end of this season according to 'insiders'. Most are favoring 'Alyssa Farrah' who worked for Biden. This past week in an interview, Wendy Williams (who missed her own show the past year) said she would love to join the show -  and hopes the producers will get in touch with her team .  That'll be interesting - but I doubt she will ever have a shot. Not in the (mental) condition she's in these days. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#651The View
Posted: 7/10/22 at 3:46pm

Yes, Joy has signed a 3 year extension. The conservative chair will be announced before this season wraps up. But now there's reports saying they may hire two women and have all the cohosts rotate. So we might have Whoopi, Joy, Sarah, Sunny, Ana, Alyssa and Tara/Tiffany.

Wendy Williams had to end her talk show due to her health. At best, she may end up as a recurring guest co-host when they need her.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#652The View
Posted: 7/10/22 at 4:05pm

ACL2006 said: "Yes, Joy has signed a 3 year extension. The conservative chair will be announced before this season wraps up. But now there's reports saying they may hire two women and have all the cohosts rotate. So we might have Whoopi, Joy, Sarah, Sunny, Ana, Alyssa and Tara/Tiffany.

Wendy Williams had to end her talk show due to her health. At best, she may end up as a recurring guest co-host when they need her.
"

I sincerely doubt they will try the rotating cohosts again. They've tried it a few times in the past seven seasons, and it never works out. By the time October rolls around, the rotating hosts are gone, with no explanation. We never see them again.  

Wendy Williams is probably unemployable these days. I doubt 'The View' will take a chance on her - but she has thrown her hat into the ring this past week. She claims 'she loves the girls on the show and they love me'.  That's all well in good, but I doubt they want to risk the success they have. 

I do stand corrected on my previous post - Joy will be a few months shy of her 83rd birthday when her renewed contract comes up - not 84 like Walters was. 

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#653The View
Posted: 7/11/22 at 8:22pm

And Alyssa Farah Griffin is scheduled to fill in this week, too. Looks like she's on third base and ready to slide into home before they end the season in a few weeks. 

I really wish they could get someone much better. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#654The View
Posted: 7/12/22 at 6:20am

Sarah's out with COVID this week, Joy is scheduled to be back today(Tuesday). Alyssa is scheduled to be there all week. Just a matter if Ana will be there more this week due to Sarah being out.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#655The View
Posted: 7/12/22 at 8:27pm

Joy was out again and they had to twist the arm of ABC meteorologist Ginger Zee to guest co-host. Let's see who's there tomorrow. Alyssa Farrah was supposed to be on all week. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#656The View
Posted: 7/13/22 at 2:10pm

Farrah was back today, but Joy is still out and there was no mention of her absence.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#657The View
Posted: 7/13/22 at 2:45pm

ACL2006 said: "Joy was out again and they had to twist the arm of ABC meteorologist Ginger Zee to guest co-host. Let's see who's there tomorrow. Alyssa Farrah was supposed to be on all week."

It's horrible when they get ABC news casters and meteorologists to fill in at the last minute. Zee was particularly horrible and disinterested in the show. 

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#658The View
Posted: 7/13/22 at 3:06pm

Speaking of "rotating hosts" on The View, does anyone remember when stylist Stacy London joined the show as a rotating host for the 2015-16 season ? London is the stylist who ripped Whoopi Goldberg (and her fashion choices) to shreds in 2009 in an op-ed piece for a national magazine, and Goldberg addressed this in Hot Topic (bascially telling her to "F* off"The View. She started in September, and rotated with Paula Farris and Candace Cameron Burre.  I think London appeared on four or five shows in total, before she was dropped from the series, never to be heard from again.  Farris and Burre were left. Then Burre exited.   HUGE MISTAKE IN CASTING THAT SEASON. 

https://www.thewrap.com/stacy-london-eyed-to-join-the-views-rotating-stable-of-contributors/

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#659The View
Posted: 7/13/22 at 4:10pm

Not sure how London would have faired with the political turn this show took once #45 was elected. Walter's final year and the two following were probably the worst in the show's history in terms of cohosts.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#660The View
Posted: 7/15/22 at 12:59pm

Watched the show today, and must say I’m disappointed that they made no mention of Ivana Trumps death. Nothing. 

Now you can loathe Trump like they all do, but something such as this demands decency and respect - and they looked foolish today. I’m sure if Walters was there things would have been different. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#661The View
Posted: 7/15/22 at 4:14pm

I don’t think they looked foolish. To be honest, not that many people are even talking about it.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#662The View
Posted: 7/15/22 at 4:37pm

Not at all. Foolish? Nope. Ivana really had no other claim to fame outside of being married to Don for some time.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#663The View
Posted: 7/16/22 at 10:26am

Respectfully, I disagree.

First, ABC NEWS reported on her death as one of their lead stories Thursday night when it happened. 'The View' is part of the ABC News division.

Second, Ivanna was a very high-profiled society woman in the 80s and the 90s, often interviewed by Barbara Walters and a frequent guest on 'The View' (IIRC).  She has also been the butt of many jokes (Joy Behar) on the show as well as the 'hot topic' during Trump's presidency (especially when she called herself the real 'First Lady' since she was the first Mrs. Trump, during an interview a couple of years ago).

Again, IMO, a mention of recognition on her tragic passing would have been respectful. 

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#664The View
Posted: 7/18/22 at 5:32pm

This season is limping along to the finish line, which ends the last week of July (or the first week of August). Then these women go on their much-needed break for a month.

I'm hoping this show gets a revamp for next season - starting with the music and the opening credits. The R&B song "This is for my girls...all around the world...stand up!" is great for 'The Real' (now canceled) but not for 'The View' where the show is hosted by five women ages 45 - 80. And the silver / blue opening shots are rather depressing. 

And I think it's time for Sara to be booted. She offers nothing to the show, and is so out of her league when it comes to politics and legal issues.

And please get rid of the "View Your Deal" garage sales they hold every other day. Selling that crap on the show has cheapened this show. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#665The View
Posted: 7/18/22 at 6:00pm

They have 3 more weeks. Their last show of the season is August 5. Whoopi, Joy, Sunny and Sarah are all under contract for next season. Not sure about Ana's contract. They should announce Alyssa Farrah before the season ends. Haven't heard anything else new if they are picking two new cohosts.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#666The View
Posted: 7/19/22 at 9:02am

Alyssa Farrah was on CNN this weekend, joining one of their political shows as a panelist. She may have worked in politics, but she's not too knowledgeable about politics. The other panelists really buried her in the conversations. Not impressive at all. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#667The View
Posted: 7/19/22 at 11:41am

She's been the most concrete guest cohost this season. The current hosts seem to like her due to her inside info about #45. Multiple reports have her locked into getting that conservative chair. She holds her own and can battle with Joy and Sunny. Let's see how she does next season when she's there fulltime.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#668The View
Posted: 7/19/22 at 12:03pm

ACL2006 said: "She's been the most concrete guest cohost this season. The current hosts seem to like her due to her inside info about #45. Multiple reports have her locked into getting that conservative chair. She holds her own and can battle with Joy and Sunny. Let's see how she does next season when she's there fulltime."

No doubt, she has the conservative chair on the show for next season. I just think her "inside info" is going to wear off pretty quickly for her to be on the show regularly. As for her standing up to Joy and Sunny - she's no Meghan McCain. AF knows when to back down, which doesn't make for exciting TV. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#669The View
Posted: 7/26/22 at 6:41pm

Alyssa Farah confirmed as next co-host

And apparently Ana will be named a permanent co-host and the show will do a 6 panel rotation come season 26.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#670The View
Posted: 7/27/22 at 9:17am

The Alyssa Farah announcement is supposed to be happening early next week on the show, from what's being leaked.  I think they're making a wise choice with the upcoming election in 24 and her history working for Pence , BUT she's not someone I will look forward to watching each day. Obviously, their focus will be on politics the next two years. 

As for Ana, not sure where you're getting the info from. I believe she will be doing what she's been doing the past few seasons - filling in on Fridays (when Whoopi is out) and filling in when one of the other hosts are out. I haven't read any news about her being a permanent 6th cohost. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#671The View
Posted: 7/27/22 at 11:58am

Ana's been doing Mondays and Fridays this season. Maybe she negotiated her contract and will do 3 shows a week next season?

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#672The View
Posted: 7/28/22 at 11:13pm

ACL2006 said: "Ana's been doing Mondays and Fridays this season. Maybe she negotiated her contract and will do 3 shows a week next season?"

Could be. Ana is another one I like in small doses. 

I also read that AFG signed on as a political commentator over at CNN recently. No wonder she keeps popping up there on weekends. Yet she’s very weak on CNN, too. It’s too easy for others to shut her down. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#673The View
Posted: 7/28/22 at 11:39pm

UGH!  Elizabitch is back all next week. 

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#674The View
Posted: 7/29/22 at 6:19am

The View and Turning Point USA

The show was in hot water again this week due to Joy & Whoopi's comments on Turning Point USA.