News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TotallyEffed

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
Member Name: TotallyEffed
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 25 2024, 07:55:14 PM

Y’all are making me about ready to hop on a damn plane to London. I really don’t want to miss this.

Peter Dinklage, Lupita Nypng'o, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Sandra Oh to star in Shakespeare in the Park's TWELFTH NIGHT
 Jul 25 2024, 03:15:10 PM
So lit.
Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 24 2024, 12:39:48 PM

They spent money.

Jul 23 2024, 10:05:53 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "They did a great job updating this production so it doesn’t look like its from aaaaalllllllllll the way back in 2008. Theytook out the scene where Diana goes to the hospital in the horse and buggy and Gabe is no longer a Victorian era ghost wearing chains. Natalie is a high school student now instead of working in the factory and Dr. Madden is now a real doctor who doesn’t try to cure Diana by using a vibrator."

No respect for

Jul 23 2024, 09:11:18 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "It’s a great production of a highly overrated show (I get I’m the minority), but it’s a rare example of Act II being incredibly superior to the first. Next To Normal is a frustrating endeavor for me because no matter how hard a director tries, it’s a 2000s period piece. Until a show rectifies that, I’m not sure I need to see it again."

Huh?

JOB Previews
 Jul 22 2024, 08:10:48 PM

mridley2 said: "Ahh. I'm hoping to get back to the show later this week so will pay special attention to the language. Will be a very different viewing experience watching the play now knowing the ending. Hopefully I can get my hands on a copy of the play itself.

Also to choosing the therapist. there are all kinds of HIPAA and ethical rules that prevent corporations from deciding which doctors an employee can see. Even if is a follow up to a work-related incident. Even

JOB Previews
 Jul 22 2024, 06:42:51 PM

Spoilers:

I think it’s pretty clear the huge corporation hired the therapist. He even mentions the minimal information they gave on her. Anyway, in this situation no company would allow the employee in question to pick the therapist themselves.

It wasn’t until the second time I saw the show that I realized there is a very specific (and startling) moment where the idea is planted in her head that she could know who this man is.

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jul 22 2024, 01:49:15 PM

inception said: "Sutton Ross said: "
. The way people were slobbering all over themselves when Nick was going to be in the live Jersey Boys event

If I'm spending $450, it's not​​​​​myselfI plan to be slobbering all over.”

Oh.

JOB Previews
 Jul 21 2024, 12:37:39 PM

theatergoer3 said: "

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
It's definitelyambiguous and visceral in the moment but it didn't strike me as the likeliest answer.

She has the haywire moments, the panic attack where she puts the mask over his face and he seems almost too calm if he's that evil.

Also - he says his

JOB Previews
 Jul 21 2024, 10:42:32 AM

Me too, Quibs.

When I saw it downtown, I thought she had come to the therapy session with the gun and the intention to kill him because she thought he was the guy from the videos. Or she realized when she got there that it was him and pulled the gun out. I thought that was pretty unrealistic too, what were the odds

JOB Previews
 Jul 20 2024, 09:12:07 PM

Am I the only one who think he’s not guilty? I thought that downtown and having seen it on Broadway I feel even stronger about it. In order for him to be the man she is accusing him of being, him being her therapist would be a one in a six billion chance. It’s way too unrealistic.

Report: The Phantom of the Opera May Be Readying an Off-Broadway Return
 Jul 19 2024, 06:06:36 PM

Jarethan said: "This seems wrong to me. The longer it is off-Broadway, the longer the delay is for a next Broadway production. I would imagine that much of the spectacle would be gone / diluted, and they are not going to have a lush orchestra. Mark me skeptical. It just doesn’t seem like the right strategic decision."

It’s a musical, not a religion.

Pocahontas needs to be a broadway musical!
 Jul 19 2024, 05:29:37 PM

ggersten said: "Of course, there is Marla Mindele's interpretation of "Colors of the Wind"

Iconic.

"

Pre-Existing Condition by Marin Ireland
 Jul 18 2024, 05:40:30 PM

I loved this space and I liked this play. I saw Tatiana and she held her script. It's a very demanding role. I'm not totally sure why they are having such a rotation of actresses in the role...maybe to show how universal the role is supposed to be? Or maybe because Marin Ireland wanted to showcase all her talented friends. I can't help but wonder what the show would be like with someone off book in the role (Tatiana was very good). I also felt totally conflicted about which actres

Pocahontas needs to be a broadway musical!
 Jul 18 2024, 02:52:24 AM

It’s never gonna happen and you know that. You’re such an obvious troll with nothing better to do.

JRB Teases
 Jul 17 2024, 01:02:31 PM

jpbran said: "Was he possibly referring to his first "Lucille Frank" Carolee's news re: Kimberly Akimbo?"

Why would he be referring to that lol

Biggest disappointments from established teams?
 Jul 15 2024, 11:10:36 PM

God, Scandalous was a fun time.

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 15 2024, 08:18:05 PM

60'splayoff said: "Wick3 said: "I hope the cast members get better soon.

A few weeks ago I saw Garnet Williams perform as Grizabella and she was amazing! I heard people sobbing around me and audiencegave her a standing ovation after she sings Memory in the second act.

One thing that was a bit confusing for my friends is when is the curtain call and is it ok to videotape it? I've seen youtube videos of curtain call but a friend went this past wee

Jul 15 2024, 03:57:10 PM

Bill Snibson said: "With the exception of The Scotsboro Boys, I would say that much of Kander and Ebb's later workjust never delivered in the way we might have expected...Steel Pier. Curtains, The Visit, New York, New York."

I absolutely loved The Visit and saw it many times.

Jul 15 2024, 12:57:48 PM

Broadway Flash said: "The Last Ship? Big Fish?"

No one cared about those enough to be disappointed by them.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You