pixeltracker

Ultimate J.C. Superstar Recording

Ultimate J.C. Superstar Recording

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#1Ultimate J.C. Superstar Recording
Posted: 7/13/18 at 11:38pm

In my humble opinion, it's finally here in the form of a bootleg from the 1973 Australian tour remastered and officially released this summer.

This has been in fan circles for about five years but I'm so happy it's out for all to hear.

If you've never listened to this recording, it truly might be the pinnacle of Jesus Christ Superstar recordings.

Enjoy!

Jesus Christ Superstar Live Australian Cast Recording On Spotify

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 7/13/18 at 11:38 PM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#2Ultimate J.C. Superstar Recording
Posted: 7/14/18 at 5:57am

What a great idea to release a remastered bootleg, some of these recordings are real gems. They should do this with other productions too. 

As for JCS, this is indeed a nice recording, but I still prefer the 1996 London cast recording with Steve Balsamo and Joanna Ampil, that's the ultimate recording to me.

Sondheimite
#3Ultimate J.C. Superstar Recording
Posted: 7/14/18 at 2:59pm

Everyday a new bootleg like this comes out,

I get closer to finding my holy grail (a soundboard of the Original Broadway Cast). 

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#4Ultimate J.C. Superstar Recording
Posted: 7/14/18 at 3:45pm

i am sure a very minority opinion here but  I absolutely love the MOVIE soundtrack recording...great voices and great symphonic and funky orchestra music...

Sondheimite
#5Ultimate J.C. Superstar Recording
Posted: 7/14/18 at 3:48pm

broadwaybabywannabe2 said: "i am sure a very minority opinion here but I absolutely love the MOVIE soundtrack recording...great voices and great symphonic and funky orchestra music..."

I hope you're not in the minority because you can't beat Carl Anderson/Ted Neeley!

If you can ever find the live soundboard recording of Carl/Ted/Yvonne playing the roles live in 1976 during a concert in California, it's also great!!  the supporting cast is awful but it's elevated by electric live performances in the three leads! 

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#6Ultimate J.C. Superstar Recording
Posted: 7/14/18 at 4:05pm

I've always liked the 1992 Australian Cast Recording. 

I, too, am a big fan over the movie soundtrack recording. 

Hest88 Profile Photo
Hest88
#7Ultimate J.C. Superstar Recording
Posted: 7/14/18 at 8:43pm

Oooo, thanks! You guys have been talking about it for so many years, but I've never heard it!