News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sondheimite

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Member Name: Sondheimite
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Opening up in dark houses  Oct 4 2019, 10:56:59 PM

nemoran said: "@Ledaero

I'm actually pretty excited about Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough coming in, and I think you all will be excited as well once you see it. From workshops, the show is really wonderful. And I HATE jukeboxes. Lynn Nottage is doing a brilliant job in constructing the narrative. It's not a typical bio-musical, and last draft I know of had it all structured within a single rehearsal for the Dangerous tour and most of it is focu

Broadway pianist arrested for trying to seduce 14 year old boy...  Sep 8 2019, 02:11:41 AM

Why can Patti Murin tweet about Broadway World but Broadway World can't talk about Patti Murin?  Dec 9 2018, 09:00:36 PM

And thank you all for the kind words and the nuanced discussion of mental health/the arts that we’re having in these posts.

I really really respected Kanye West when he had a mental breakdown and he stepped away from fame for a year.  I was sad when he came back swinging even harder than he had been before.  Kanye West is one of my favorite artists.  I love (a lot of, not all) his ideas, I think his music is masterful, I think his art is beautiful, and I damn near

Why can Patti Murin tweet about Broadway World but Broadway World can't talk about Patti Murin?  Dec 9 2018, 06:57:46 PM

I’m going to try to broach this topic from a personal stand point.

I’d first like to say that playing a lead in a Broadway Musical (in some cases) gives you mental health opportunities that others who are suffering could not dream of.  The millions of people trying to struggle to make ends meet don’t get mental health days, we get fired for missing work.  I’ve been in the hospital twice for trying to kill myself.  I lost a job one of those tim

Why can Patti Murin tweet about Broadway World but Broadway World can't talk about Patti Murin?  Dec 9 2018, 06:29:51 PM

I'd really like a real answer rather than posts being deleted, posters being banned, and moderators locking threads.

What is the fear of talking about Patti Murin on this board?

Why are we a subject that she can lash out at but we aren't allowed to discuss her on this board unless we're saying something 100% positive?

It seems unfair that Broadway World (in particularly, the weekend moderator) is very hell-bent on making sure that nothing besi

Next broadway artist residency  Dec 9 2018, 11:36:30 AM

BWAY Baby2 said: "
Why don't we try something other than Old White People Sing Their Old White Songs For Rich White Audiences. --- I pick up a seething antipathy in this post- and I do not like it. Whatever artist decides to do a residency,many factors will enter that decision- and I hope race and age are not two of thefactors."

Oh, you don't like it?

Might I be the first to say, "who cares what you like or dislike?" 

Previews  Dec 9 2018, 01:01:01 AM

Revivals That Missed The Mark  Dec 8 2018, 11:51:28 PM

It's so funny how opinions differ.  Sam Gold's Glass Menagerie is one of the top two more impactful pieces of art I've ever experienced.

I could write an essay on everything the 2018 revival of Carousel did wrong and I'd still not have the time to name everything wrong with it.  Everything was wrong.  The set was wrong.  The direction was wrong.  The casting was wrong.  The concept was wrong.  The costumes were wrong.  The script

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  Dec 8 2018, 09:46:18 PM

Nicolette had interests in a certain doctor coming in who fell through.  

Previews  Dec 8 2018, 07:43:27 PM

Jessica Vosk- Anita Video  Dec 8 2018, 01:51:41 PM

Jumping back into this conversation:

Race DOES matter in casting... sometimes.

There are some roles where race is a defining factor in the character/story.  Ragtime, Hairspray, Driving Ms Daisy, West Side Story.... these are shows where race is a very important story factor.  You don't want to see a white Coalhouse Walker Jr or a black Maria because it would be a disservice to the story the show is trying to tell.  Roles such as the characters in Phant

Next broadway artist residency  Dec 8 2018, 01:43:55 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Why don't we try something other than Old White People Sing Their Old White Songs For Rich White Audiences.

Tyler the Creator (who's PBS Tiny Desk Concert you should watch if you have any doubts), Chance the Rapper (<< the video linked for the Same Drugs music video should make anyone/everyone cry), or Kendrick Lamar are the only names I'm interested in.

They would bring a new audience to the theatre and these three men have the highly creative (genius?) minds to pull off a stunning show.

Previews  Dec 8 2018, 02:54:50 AM

Can one of the 12 people there tonight let us know how it was? 

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  Dec 7 2018, 07:40:28 PM

rcwr said: "Something is amiss in the pie shop.

Is anyone named Lovett?
"

Well, neither can get any **** popped into their pies... so yes!  

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  Dec 7 2018, 06:43:00 PM

GreeneStreet said: "The problem Waitress is going to face, (and who knows mabye it will be this run) is that Sara is not going to be able to sell the show anymore. Everyone who has wanted to see her, has at this point.

When you have about 3 Jenna’s drop in a month, something isn’t right..
"

100% well said.

I've been closely following Broadway for a long time.  I've had people slipping me inside information for half a decade.&

Ruben  Dec 7 2018, 01:58:05 PM

MassiveMeGo said: "Markdoesbway! said: "Hi everyone! I’m a new poster, and I have been lurking for a long time and I want to say something. MassiveMego, tons of people who are not members lurk these boards each day since this is a theatre community. My family and I were planning on buying tickets for this show as I am a big Clay fan! (Loved him on American Idol) However, due to how unorganized your “production” sounds, we have decided to take the kids to se

Ruben  Dec 7 2018, 01:45:40 PM

MassiveMeGo said: "Soddomite's ranting and delusional ravings mixed with lies and delusions is the most like Trump's tweets when he's sitting on the s#itter and spewing his morning bile.

Why is it so important for this pathetic little band of trolls to **** on everything? Why couldn't you just be curious and wish them well?
"

This has little to do with Clay and Ruben, at this point.  It only briefly did, tbh.  This thread start

Ruben  Dec 7 2018, 01:30:16 PM

In a lot of ways, I feel bad for MassiveMeGo.  

MassiveMeGo knows, deep down, that the show is flailing around.  But MassiveMeGo has to turn that into cognitive dissonance because living inside of that truth would be too hard to do.  Instead, MassiveMeGo has created a multi layered delusion about their life in hopes of escaping the bad reality of their situation. 

MassiveMeGo can't accept cold hard fact because they would crumble his entire foundatio

Ruben  Dec 7 2018, 01:13:18 PM

MassiveMeGo said: "People are mean because its who they are. Never blame the target for the actions of bullies. It just shows who you are too."

Calling out you lying to us isn't you being bullied.

You've living in a delusional reality, MassiveMeGo.  You are no different than Trump:  Facts don't matter to you because you're too delusional to accept them.

And MassiveMeGo is more than an intern.  I've stated who I'm 9

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  Dec 6 2018, 08:50:56 PM

KathyNYC2 said: "There is nothing more depressing to me than an empty theater."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You