Is JLP transferring?

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#50Is JLP transferring?
Posted: 8/15/18 at 5:53pm

zainmax said: "Falsettos."

Incorrect. Amelie was there, for a hot second, before Springsteen.

zainmax
#51Is JLP transferring?
Posted: 8/15/18 at 7:39pm

thealtoslament said: "zainmax said: "Falsettos."

Incorrect. Amelie was there, for a hot second, before Springsteen.
"

You're absolutely right. But, from what I heard from people who saw it, Amelie was not a show to remember!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#52Is JLP transferring?
Posted: 8/15/18 at 11:21pm

I loved Amelie, and I actually think it's such a perfect house. This show doesn't seem big enough for the Sondheim. And the Belasco just feels wrong. I think the Kerr or the Atkinson would be perfect. 

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#53Is JLP transferring?
Posted: 8/16/18 at 5:45pm

I don't know why people think that the Brooks Atkinson Theatre will be open come spring.. Waitress is still bringing in steady numbers and to my knowledge hasn't fell below $720K which is enough to cover the weekly running costs. Plus it has already recouped, I feel like it still has AT LEAST till the end of next year.

EDIT: I stand corrected, it seems like there have been a couple weeks where it went below that, however, not since last year. It's doing well.

Updated On: 8/16/18 at 05:45 PM

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#54Is JLP transferring?
Posted: 8/16/18 at 6:17pm

CaseyBrent41 said: "Its looking like the Sondheim or the Belasco. This season."

I wonder when Beautiful will announce its closing? I'm a little surprised Roundabout wouldn't switch Kiss Me Kate to the Sondheim so it could run longer (or try to keep the Sondheim for their show next fall)...but maybe O'Hara/Chase are only available for a short time. Or maybe the rent $$$ is more important.

If JAGGED is trying to open earlier than late March/April to beat the rush of spring shows, I would think the Belasco would be the the preferred choice. I doubt the current Belasco tenant will make it to January, whereas Beautiful will definitely want one final Thanksgiving/Christmas to go out with a bang.

Updated On: 8/16/18 at 06:17 PM

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#55Is JLP transferring?
Posted: 8/16/18 at 6:36pm

I don't think Studio 54 is the reason Kiss Me, Kate isn't running for very long. I would bet it has something to do with O'Hara's schedule more than anything.

Videos