Once on this Island lotto

TamzBway
#1Once on this Island lotto
Posted: 9/21/18 at 8:39pm

Has anyone done the Once on this Island lotto lately? How many ppl approx show up and how many tix do they normally give away? Thanks for any help!

ameliewormwood
#2Once on this Island lotto
Posted: 9/21/18 at 9:27pm

I did a Wednesday mat last week and a Saturday mat in early August. Everyone got tickets both times.

Br0adway
#3Once on this Island lotto
Posted: 9/22/18 at 2:44am

Not sure how much the lotto costs but if you’re afraid you won’t get in if you play the lotto just buy tickets. It’s not sold out and great seats are available. I just bought sand seats for this week for next week and same with a show in Oct.

TamzBway
#4Once on this Island lotto
Posted: 9/22/18 at 12:30pm

Thanks! I've seen it at full price already so want to try lotto this time as technically, I don't 'need' to see it again but loved it too much not to! 

TamzBway
#5Once on this Island lotto
Posted: 9/22/18 at 12:31pm

Amazing, thanks! Was it $40 or $50?

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#6Once on this Island lotto
Posted: 9/22/18 at 12:45pm

Their lotto changes constantly (thanks, Davenport) so I'm not sure what the deal has been in September. 

Their end goal is to always get everyone who enters the lotto into the show, whether that's through a tiered winning system, or doing "lottery loser" seats (which you still have to win).

When I went in August, all lotto seats were $59 (the highest I've ever paid for a lottery or rush ticket). The woman in charge of the lotto did not tally the winners, and pulled every name until everyone was called. It was kind of ridiculous they made us go through the 15 minute procedure if they had enough tickets for all of us (and anyone who walked up).

I know they also lotto off standing room for the same $59, and sometimes the lotto seats are $69. It's a mess. If you go and don't win...I feel very bad for your luck. 

At least the show is good. Because the lottery process is so irritating.

gimlet2
#7Once on this Island lotto
Posted: 9/22/18 at 12:50pm

It started out $49.50 with $59.50 for SRO and lottery losers, but in August everything was $59.50. Is that a record for most expensive lottery/rush?

Chances of winning are very high. Even if you don't win, you could always use a BroadwayBox/Theatermania code at the box office: current offer has back/top orchestra for $59.50, same as lottery and if the house isn't full they will probably move you down closer.

ETA: Or what VotePeron wrote, so quick... Updated On: 9/22/18 at 12:50 PM

TamzBway
#8Once on this Island lotto
Posted: 9/22/18 at 8:12pm

Thanks! Yes, I think it's the most expensive lotto (that I've seen!) I'm hesitant to use the code as I don't want to pay $20 more in fees...

Han3
#9Once on this Island lotto
Posted: 10/10/18 at 2:29am

Went to the lottery for tonight’s show, Tuesday at 7:00. Alex Newell drew the names! It was announced before the drawing began that there were 30 lotto tickets available for $49.50, and that “most, if not all” of us would get them. In the end, everyone got tickets, which I think meant they gave out a little more than the announced 30. Also it seemed like they allowed people who arrived right after the drawing to also buy $49.50 tickets. We sat in the third row (no bad seats in this theater), and the show was amazing! It is on the higher end for lotteries, but well worth it.

theaterwiz414
#10Once on this Island lotto
Posted: 10/10/18 at 4:45am

I’m pretty sure Bruce Springsteen on Broadway holds the record for most expensive tickets ($75!)

Videos