pixeltracker

The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse- Page 4

The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#75The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/18/19 at 12:57pm

Campbell5 said: "Hi, what are the best seat locations for this at St. Ann's?"

I sat in Iran and thought it was perfect. I had a good vantage point to see everything in the space, but I also felt like I was part of the action. Only problem is you're sitting on a cushion, not a chair. But you are on a raised platform, and you can lean back on the wall behind you. 

The seats very close to the stage (Afghanistan and Sudan) will likely feel REALLY in the action, but you may also have to crane your neck up to look at the actors. They also looked somewhat cramped to me. 

Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Somalia are probably the closest thing to the "proscenium" seats - as in, it's a larger group of seats looking at the action head-on from the "front." I would imagine that those seats would provide a great view, but if you're in the back you might feel comparatively far away from the action.

IIRC, Iraq and Kuwait are in slightly closed off areas raised slightly above the rest.

I'm probably biased, because we all like to think that "MY seats were the BEST seats" (just like we always think this "the cast I saw was the BEST cast"The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse. But in reality, I'm sure most seats in the house make for a great experience. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#76The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/18/19 at 1:18pm

Not knowing too much about where to sit, I just ended up in the Sudan for this run.

Rosette3
#77The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 11/12/19 at 1:18pm

Another question re: seating

Looking at cushion $36 seats and have choice between Yemen & Kurdistan (close to rear stage entrance and at stage level) and Egypt (5th row further back but wider view of stage).

I hear it is immersive but will Yemen & Kurdistan seats get more views the actors backs?

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#78The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 11/12/19 at 1:55pm

The Jungle - St. Ann's WarehouseThe Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse

Updated On: 11/12/19 at 01:55 PM

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#79The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 11/12/19 at 1:57pm

From these images vs. the seating chart I’m trying to figure out where exactly Yemen/Kurdistan/Iran/Egypt are. Help!

gibsons2
#80The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 11/12/19 at 1:58pm

I went with a cushion seat in Egypt (Egypt 3). It seemed like a better view of the stage based on the chart. Most seats were sold in that section too for other dates, so my assumption was that it has a better view. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#81The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 11/12/19 at 2:05pm

GreasedLightning said: "From these images vs. the seating chart I’m trying to figure out where exactly Yemen/Kurdistan/Iran/Egypt are. Help!"

I think the audience layout in those photo is slightly different the layout at St. Ann's. But Yemen would be on the floor underneath where it says "restaurant" in the photo. And Kurdistan is just the same area but on the other side of that central curtain.