Stage 42 Seating Question

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#1Stage 42 Seating Question
Posted: 4/22/19 at 12:23pm

Looking at the seating chart, and confirming it with actual pictures, Row K on the left and right sides of the theatre is elevated pretty far above the rows in front of it. The only thing that would worry me is specifically the railing at the aisle seat that wraps around you at the center aisle side of the seat. Has anyone here sat there, and does the railing obstruct the view in any way? Thanks!

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Stage+42/seating/all/

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#2Stage 42 Seating Question
Posted: 4/22/19 at 1:13pm

I had a friend who had a seat near there and it was good! He was able to move over towards the center aisle because it was a matinee that wasn’t completely sold out. In fact, at intermission he was able to move up to the front row of the orchestra. I highly recommend this production.

Updated On: 4/22/19 at 01:13 PM

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#3Stage 42 Seating Question
Posted: 4/22/19 at 5:31pm

^ ^ ^ Thanks! This show and GARY were on my original list along with BEETLEJUICE and a couple others, to try and narrow down to make it a most memorable birthday. Wish FIDDLER were shorter than 3hrs, it makes for a long walk back to the hotel. Stage 42 Seating Question Trying to pick just three or four shows is too hard. Do wish the TONY AWARDS were next week already!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#4Stage 42 Seating Question
Posted: 4/22/19 at 6:10pm

The row with the wraparound railing at the bottom of this pic is row G, not K. Row K has a regular railing in front of it, and there's no obstruction.

Stage 42 Seating Question

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#5Stage 42 Seating Question
Posted: 4/22/19 at 6:40pm

^ ^ ^ Indeed, you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out! I found a better picture than what was on A View From My Seat that was taken from the stage area looking out into the audience, and it shows a much better view of those rows.

http://shubert.nyc/theatres/stage-42/

Videos