pixeltracker

How much longer for Pretty Woman ?- Page 2

How much longer for Pretty Woman ?

Pose2 Profile Photo
Pose2
#25How much longer for Pretty Woman ?
Posted: 6/27/19 at 10:45pm

Yes, he leaves in a month.  He is the only reason to see this honestly, so go go go! How much longer for Pretty Woman ?

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#26How much longer for Pretty Woman ?
Posted: 6/30/19 at 10:43pm

I heard such bad things about Pretty Woman that I put off going to it. I ran out of things to see and went with some trepidation. I had very low expectations.

I was pleasantly surprised. The cast was great. The songs are no worse and perhaps better than those in Beetlejuice and Tootsie (loathed Beetejuice/ liked Tootsie cause it was the book and lyrics and performances were  fun)

Andy Karl and Samantha Barks and Orfeh are all charming in their roles.

Perhaps having low expectations is the way to see a musical. I can't tell you how many shows were so hyped that I was disappointed. (Phantom? Once? Bands Visit, Fun Home come to mind) 

I loved Book of Mormon and saw it before it opened and raved about it  but many people go with such high expectaions that they can't help but  be disappointed.

So with Pretty Woman.. expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised. 

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#27How much longer for Pretty Woman ?
Posted: 6/30/19 at 10:57pm

goldenboy said: “.. expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised."

An excellent tagline for the London transfer; And the way Brits approach life in general.

It’s certainly our Brexit strategy. 

OrchardAndRivington Profile Photo
OrchardAndRivington
#28How much longer for Pretty Woman ?
Posted: 7/1/19 at 12:50am

Pose2 said: "And the Manhattan Bachelorettes hate it? Never understand the digs for those of us who aren't in the city proper.

Perhaps take it up with the original poster who said that then?

It would be so awful if Brennin Hunt, who broke his foot during Rent, moved his entire family from Nashville to NYC to do this show and it closed before he started. Man, I hope he at least gets a month or two in!
"

If Hunt is so short sighted to expect the show to run for the duration of his contract and has spent any of his own money to move his entire family to NYC for his time in the show, or signed a year long lease on an apartment.. then he needs better representation to give him the hard truth on Broadway.  At this point he will be lucky to get to Labor Day, or maybe October... Plus the impending end of Summer, Back To School, September Holidays trifecta will not help this show in any way...

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#29How much longer for Pretty Woman ?
Posted: 7/1/19 at 3:30am

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "I'm thinking with King Kong and Cher closing up shop, and to a lesser extent, The Prom, Pretty Woman might have some legs with the tourists and name recognition."

Given The Prom is closing on August 11, I'm not sure it will matter.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#30How much longer for Pretty Woman ?
Posted: 7/1/19 at 9:54pm

VintageSnarker said: "I'm biased but I would have assumed that Cher would have a bigger fanbase than Pretty Woman. I would rather watch someone recreate her life and performances than a mediocre musical adaptation of a movie that, last I checked, is playing on basic cable at least once a week."

The Cinderella story is the great fairy tale for females of all ages.

Of course, a feminist angel dies every time the story is retold. 

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#32How much longer for Pretty Woman ?
Posted: 7/2/19 at 9:00am

HamilHansen said:

"Pretty Woman: What Other Choice Do You Have?"

OR 

Pretty Woman (The Musical). Big mistake. Huge

Cyndawg
#33How much longer for Pretty Woman ?
Posted: 7/2/19 at 12:27pm

I have a feeling it will close in enough time to get the original cast to move to London when it premieres there!

Videos