News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cyndawg

Member Name: Cyndawg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22
 Oct 22 2020, 12:56:04 PM

While it looks good, I’m sorry but I just can’t get past the Corden casting.

I'm sure we all know that casting means eyeballs. Not just for here in a America, but for overseas markets as well. Me on the other hand, would love to have see some fresh faces or some of the original Broadway members be involved , but  I understand this needs well known folks to attract the overseas viewers as well; James Corden is a staple in London.

Playbill stopped publishing song lists?
 Jun 11 2020, 11:28:43 AM

I saw a regional production of Ragtime a few years ago and the lady a few seats to my right kept looking at her program through-out the first act. It annoyed pretty much all of us around her, as she reached for her cell phone light to be able to read it.

We later learned that she had vision  and hearing impaired issues, and her hearing device went out just as the show started, so she needed to rely on the program to follow along as best she could. All of us around her helped

Neil Diamond Musical!!!
 Jul 2 2019, 12:29:34 PM

Who?

How much longer for Pretty Woman ?
 Jul 2 2019, 12:27:26 PM

I have a feeling it will close in enough time to get the original cast to move to London when it premieres there!

'Present Laughter' transfer?
 Jun 28 2019, 01:45:10 AM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Rialto-Chatter-Is-Matthew-Warchus-Production-of-PRESENT-LAUGHTER-Headed-To-Broadway-20190627

Is this really necessary, so soon?

Mary Poppins Returns - Crowding Lyrics, Weary Watchers
 Dec 26 2018, 01:34:15 PM

theatreguy12 said: "Why is MS even in this? I thought she loathed Walt Disney. I would think if you were really going to talk the talk and walk the walk, you should be somewhat more consistent in your convictions."

She adores Rob Marshall and I'm sure she said yes because of him and not because it was Disney.

TOOTSIE Marquee at Marquis
 Nov 30 2018, 05:11:15 PM

I would  focus something on a look like this! Maybe just have their faces large on each end of the poster, where it only shows half their faces each. More like a before and after, but teasing enough just to be curious to know what this is about. I think it would attract. If I knew how to do a Photoshop I would do one!

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND CLOSING JANUARY
 Nov 27 2018, 08:01:06 PM

This was a good show (from what I heard and read) that deserved a longer run. I did have one question. Many folks on here said the design was brilliant and it was nothing like they have ever seen before. But, can someone tell me how the design and or direction differed from the Godspell Revival. If I watch clips from both shows, it almost seems like the same director touched both shows (though I know that it is not true). By the way I have not seen either show to the fullest ..just  clip

Jerry Herman Would LOVE a Bette Midler
 Jul 15 2013, 12:39:45 AM
I would love to see this happen!
Listen to the new Evita Cast Recording on AOL Music
 Jun 26 2012, 12:38:08 PM
This is not what I hoped it would have been!
Streisand's 'Gypsy' still on despite Laurents' passing
 May 8 2011, 10:26:07 PM
LOL! What do you think he would say? I am just thinking of new ways to bring this to life since many mentioned that that this climax scene is always dull on screen.
Streisand's 'Gypsy' still on despite Laurents' passing
 May 8 2011, 10:14:56 PM
I have always wanted to direct a movie version of Gypsy. Here is how I see "Rose's Turn". I want to some sort of fight between Louise and Mamma Rose (script change). As they verbally argue back and forth, Louise is getting ready to do another performance...Louise and Rose are still fighting as they walk on to the stage together,Rose walks on stage and sees the audience and freezes. Then, Louise and maybe some other women who are on stage (strippers) as well, are frozen and Rose is left on stage
If Julie Taymor Directed the Oscars....
 Feb 27 2011, 01:00:30 PM
Each Presenter flys in for the entrance but get stuck half way to the stage...show holds for hours...and then only one award is finally presented.
HOW TO SUCCEED Begins Previews Tonight!
 Feb 27 2011, 12:55:04 PM
Daniel did an American Accent on the Talk Show ELLEN a while back and it was perfect...so I had no worries there...do I see "Tony-Award Winner Daniel Radcliffe" in How To Succeed hitting the Marquees in June?
BREAKING: SCRIPT DOCTOR FOR SPIDERMAN: TOTD
 Feb 17 2011, 02:52:18 AM
Here are my predictions:

1.) Roberto comes on board and re-writes script.
2.) March 14th, they announce the show is closing the evening of March 15th.
3.) Changes are put into the show the morning and afternoon of March 15th...
4.) The show performs their final performance on March 15th, with all the new changes....since the show is not technically on sale to the public (mostly friends, family, press, etc, al) no one from the outside ever gets to see the new change

NBC Picks Up Pitch For Hour-Long Musical TV Show Produced by Steven Spielberg
 Jan 22 2011, 06:12:12 PM
$5,000, I bet that Kristin Chenoweth will appear on the program at one time or another!!!!
Anyone have the following concept recordings?
 Sep 6 2010, 04:59:21 PM
Hi,

I enjoy the music of Ricky Ian Gordon. I was wondering if anyone can tell me their thoughts on the following recordings:

ONLY HEAVEN
DREAM TRUE
ORPHEUS & EURIDICE

Was thinking about purchasing them, but wanted some feedback first.

Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You