Lotto Question(s)

rhymeswithrockk
#1Lotto Question(s)
Posted: 2/20/20 at 11:20am

Hi! Just a quick question about digital lotteries in general. Are tickets always set aside for digital lotteries, or does it depend on availability that day? For this I'm mainly referring to JLP, but this definitely applies for other shows too. I'm planning on entering JLP Sunday but I'm noticing on Telecharge there's only some sparse seats available in the orchestra and a some in the mezz right now before anything like rush or TKTS happens that day, so I wanted to see if it's actually worth trying or if there's no need because nothing is set aside. Another related question, does entering for 1 ticket give you any better chance, or is entering for 2 okay as well? Thanks for all your help in advance!

Updated On: 2/20/20 at 11:20 AM

hearthemsing22
#2Lotto Question(s)
Posted: 2/20/20 at 1:06pm

I think there must be a specific amount of tickets set aside, but I don't think it's set in stone for the run of the show or whatever. I do think it depends day to day on how sold out the show is. As far as where the seats are, it is totally, 100% random where seats are assigned each day. I think the only show I know of that has a dedicated "Lottery Winner Area" is Wicked, because it seems like those seats are always towards the back of the orchestra? Right side? I could be wrong *shrugs*

rhymeswithrockk
#3Lotto Question(s)
Posted: 2/20/20 at 1:39pm

Yeah I'm sure that the area is random, but I wasn't sure if a show being sold out or not meant no lotto

hearthemsing22
#4Lotto Question(s)
Posted: 2/20/20 at 1:49pm

rhymeswithrockk said: "Yeah I'm sure that the area is random, but I wasn't sure if a show being sold out or not meant no lotto"

That's a good question....I think those lottery tickets are factored into how much the show is sold out. It's factored into the tickets that are sold. Then they'd determine whether or not   a show is sold out. I think. Not 100% on that, but I'm pretty sure lottery tickets are factored in before they figure out how sold out a show is. 

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#5Lotto Question(s)
Posted: 2/20/20 at 2:01pm

rhymeswithrockk said: "Hi! Just a quick question about digital lotteries in general. Are tickets always set aside for digital lotteries, or does it depend on availability that day? For this I'm mainly referring to JLP,but this definitely appliesfor other shows too. I'm planning on entering JLP Sunday but I'm noticing on Telecharge there's only some sparse seats available in the orchestra and a some in the mezz right now before anything like rush orTKTS happens that day, so I wanted to see if it's actually worth trying or if there's no need because nothing is set aside. Another relatedquestion, does entering for 1 ticket give you any better chance, or is entering for 2 okay as well? Thanks for all your help in advance!"

If a show advertises a daily lotto, they will, with few exceptions, have lotto seats set aside for each performance. However how well the show is selling depends on how many winners the lotto will have. Something selling well may have 10 or less. A show struggling to fill seats may have 100+ winners.

rhymeswithrockk
#6Lotto Question(s)
Posted: 2/20/20 at 2:07pm

Ok that makes a lot of sense, thanks!!

mxfish1313
#7Lotto Question(s)
Posted: 2/20/20 at 2:58pm

hearthemsing22 said: "I think there must be a specific amount of tickets set aside, but I don't think it's set in stone for the run of the show or whatever. I do think it depends day to day on how sold out the show is. As far as where the seats are, it is totally, 100% random where seats are assigned each day. I think the only show I know of that has a dedicated "Lottery Winner Area" is Wicked, because it seems like those seats are always towards the back of the orchestra? Right side? I could be wrong *shrugs*"

And Hamilton notoriously holds the front two center rows for lottery winners.