pixeltracker

Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?- Page 3

Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?

Fosse76
#50Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?
Posted: 6/9/20 at 1:32pm

ALL producers use advance sales as their metric for survival (among other things). As one of two currently running shows that rely extensively on foreign tourism, Phantom's longer-than-usual "extension" is probably meant to gauge the reality of its survival post COVID-19. Andrew Lloyd Webber has stated he'll do whatever it takes to keep it open, but even he can't personally fund the show forever. And he has a fiduciary responsibility to any investors in the show.

As to the bizarre schedule, who knows what they are thinking. They aren't happening anyway.

Jarethan
#51Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?
Posted: 6/9/20 at 1:45pm

HogansHero said: "nfrjikgovf said: "HogansHero. If you are so interested in shutting down threads you dislike, apply to be a mod. Otherwise, unless it is especially egregious, just let the thread die and stop backseat moderating."

I have no interest in shutting down this or any thread. What I have an interest in is calling outfalse and misleading information, and supplying accurate information in its stead. (Hence my last several posts providing specific information on what Jarethan referred to as "reality."Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge? I have also never called anyone stupid (much less "all"Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?. I have called posts "delusional" and "wishful thinking" because there is no other apt label. Had the OP posted the information from Telecharge and said "let's fantasize about a world in which there was going to be a show during the holiday season," I would not have said anything. But as I am sure you know if you have read this thread, there are multiple posts that treat such an idea as a thing that is going to happen. And there are also people who read this board and, believe it or not, rely on what's written her. To mislead those people is, I would say, egregious enough to warrant correction.
"

You are clearly not a Trump supporter, which makes me like you more!

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#52Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?
Posted: 6/9/20 at 1:52pm

Phantom4ever, did you ever ultimately email Telecharge last week and ask them?  You would have heard something by now.  

Updated On: 6/9/20 at 01:52 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#53Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?
Posted: 6/9/20 at 2:02pm

The new schedule takes effect on December 14, which is probably the very earliest that they can envision reopening, which means that ticket sales for September 6 through December 13 don't even exist to them. If they normally sell 9 months in advance, then August 2021 is the proper end date for this block of tickets (December 2020 - August 2021). Getting rid of matinees is not surprising, since it will maximize the time between shows.

In any event, I don't think it's something that should be read into that deeply. At this point, every date is simply a placeholder.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#54Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?
Posted: 7/13/20 at 5:37pm

Phantom4ever, did you ever reach out to Telecharge?  Just following up on my previous post.