SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#50COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/23/21 at 11:16pm

I wish Johnathan Bailey was in it.

SouthernCakes
#51COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/24/21 at 2:50pm

I saw the second preview (so good, such a fun set design that kept surprising), and the problem was Lenk has to follow Lupone’s “Ladies Who Lunch” which was a knockout. And the direction in “Being Alive” didn’t help her. She just was on a blank stage meandering. But maybe that’s been improved? I didn’t mind her voice it just felt the keys were slightly out of her rage. Wish they’d just lower them slightly.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#52COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 4/5/21 at 10:24pm

The third (and final) part of these interviews was posted on Deadline a few days ago. The most interesting section (to me, anyway) was the following, from LuPone:

"We were sent an email from our general manager the other day saying we were going into rehearsal in September and then opening in October. And I thought, I don’t think so. I don’t think that’s going to happen. I guess what I’m saying is: Stop. Wait until we know we’re going to open before we keep getting these emails. It’s depressing when it doesn’t happen.

"I personally don’t think that Company should come back in the Fall. I think that we should let the big guns open and let them work out all the kinks. You know, Wicked, Hamilton, Lion King, the ones that have been running, that have paid off and are in larger houses and can afford to play to a quarter or half a house. Let them lead the charge, and then let’s see what happens."

https://deadline.com/2021/04/broadway-company-musical-covid-year-part-3-oral-history-1234714043/

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#53COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 4/5/21 at 10:25pm

Hm, interesting. Thanks BroadwayGuy. 

broadwayjim42
#54COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 4/6/21 at 9:00pm

Agree completely, ColorTheHours. In fact, those would be my exact words.

Updated On: 4/6/21 at 09:00 PM