Big Brother 23

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25Big Brother 23
Posted: 7/28/21 at 8:22pm

"My body perceives my intelligence."

What the f does that even mean?????

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#26Big Brother 23
Posted: 7/28/21 at 8:57pm

dramamama611 said: ""My body perceives my intelligence."

What the f does that even mean?????"

No effing idea. Lol. 

Some thoughts about tonight:

• Brent proves with every comment just how narcissistic and clueless he really is. 
• I wouldn’t necessarily call Derek F. & Britini floaters. They’re clearly trying on the comps, but they just aren’t cut out for comps. And not sure they’re social game will save them. 
• I know it’s easy to say this from the comfort of my couch, but Britini definitely takes game moves as personal ones. It’s also getting sad hearing her energetically talking about how she’s gonna win comps when we all know she isn’t. It must be challenging playing the game as someone on the spectrum. 
• I’m really liking Xavier’s game play: smart, well-executed, but not mean-spirited. 

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#27Big Brother 23
Posted: 7/29/21 at 3:58pm

I think he was trying to say that is he not a dumb gym monkey. Too bad he is not more self aware. Otherwise he could apologize before leaving tonight.

dramamama611
#28Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/9/21 at 10:47am

Ooh...very shady, Xavier! Trying to add the rest of the Kings into their agreement!

Good on Derek for (mostly) making his own decisions,

Poor Brit.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

SmoothLover
#29Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/10/21 at 5:38am

I rather like Derek and I am rooting for him to win. He won me over talking about his parents. He also is very likable.

Updated On: 8/10/21 at 05:38 AM

dramamama611
#30Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/10/21 at 11:28am

I actually LIKE MANY of the contestants this year.

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#31Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/10/21 at 2:37pm

dramamama611 said: "I actually LIKE MANY of the contestants this year."

Same!  Best cast and best season in a long time.  I’d say I’m rooting for Hannah to win, Hanna, DX, Claire, and Tiffany are my favorites. I’m hoping Claire starts playing the game and making some big moves soon… and Tiffany is playing a brilliant game.  I’d say she is playing too hard, but if she keeps playing the way she is and it doesn’t catch on to the rest of the house she will win this game and go down as one of the GOAT’s of BB. It’s like she’s playing a mixture of Derrick L and Vanessa Russo and no one is aware that she is controlling the game every week.  The way she plants little seeds in everyone’s mind, waters them, and let’s everyone loose to do her dirty work is brilliant.  Truly awe-inspiring.  And no one suspects a thing… yet.  Like, Alyssa and Christian are blaming Sarah Beth and Kyland for controlling DX’s HOH and actually think Tiffany is a vote for Christian to stay. 

Updated On: 8/10/21 at 02:37 PM

SmoothLover
#32Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/10/21 at 7:04pm

Several of the contestants are normal acting and looking which makes them relatable.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#33Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/11/21 at 9:57pm

I try not to sexualize the housemates, but anyone else note that Kyland seemed very “excited” in his POV competition shorts even before the comp started? Lol.

Also, Derek X effed up by pulling Alyssa aside after the POV comp.

I too like the gameplay of several housemates this season: Xavier, Claire, Derek X, & Kyland especially. Although of course no one’s gameplay is perfect.

I was impressed Britini won POV.

Phantom4ever
#34Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/12/21 at 2:33am

Kyland’s shorts! I could not believe they showed that on tv! It wasn’t so bad after the competition but before? Oh my goodness was he filling out those shorts well. And if that wasn’t enough, they have Big D saying that he stared at Kyland the whole time saying that there’s a lot to look at while showing a slow motion of Kyland’s shorts bouncing around all over. Wow.

Does anyone think that Ky and SB will become a showmance? I don’t like how they are saying they’re just close friends when it’s clearly more than that. Based on Ky’s social media pictures, SB is definitely his type. Whenever Ky has to turn on her for the Cookout, I don’t think he’ll be able to do it.

Tiff is definitely playing the best game bc no one ever talks about her as a strong player but she has been running the house for the most part.

It seems there was some sort of big argument in the house tonight and I can’t figure out exactly what went down

SmoothLover
#35Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/12/21 at 4:03am

I noticed the shorts too and did a rewind. It looked like he had stuffed a sock in his underpants. The editors knew what the were doing. The camera went right for the shorts. I have thought that Tiff was playing a good game as well and has emerged as a favorite for me. She has also blended in well given her age difference with the rest of the cast. I do believe however that the riff is about Tiff manipulating everyone. So we will see where it all goes……if I am correct. I do not think they have ever announced the POV decision on eviction night. Rather smart on their part.

Updated On: 8/12/21 at 04:03 AM

dramamama611
#36Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/12/21 at 11:57am

You couldn't NOT see Kyland's shorts!

Last night was the first time I saw the kind of game play I hate on BB - bullying/threatening.  I think they underestimate Derek's ability to win comps - even though he's won a lot already.  And yes, he talks to too many people - I think that was a big problem for Frenchy as well.

Can't wait to see it unfold tonight - hope he doesn't give in!  UPDATE after Thurs night.  Now I want them to get Tiff OUT.   Did not like her at all in tonights episode. 

Updated On: 8/12/21 at 11:57 AM

SmoothLover
#37Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/13/21 at 5:37am

I guess I was right about Tiff. Sorry to see Christian go. He was the male eye candy for me.

Updated On: 8/13/21 at 05:37 AM

Phantom4ever
#38Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/13/21 at 10:46am

I think Tiff is playing the leader role and she’s doing the exact same thing Derrick L, a white man, did a few years ago. Just pulling the strings and dropping hints and steering people. I think she deserves to win more than anybody.
Not sure how I feel about Ky being HOH. I do not want the next week to be him and SB in the HOH bed together still denying it’s a showmance. If he really wants to prove the cookout is his priority, he needs to put up SB on the block

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#39Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/15/21 at 8:24pm

Since when are you owed having a HOH competition thrown to you (Azah)? If you want to win a complete then win it.

And any smart housemate would put their personal game over their alliance’s. Isn’t that kinda what she was trying to do and is upset didn’t happen?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#40Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/15/21 at 8:33pm

Also, I thought Claire was safe until the finale. Why is Ky acting like she’s an option? Am I remembering wrong?

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#41Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/15/21 at 8:53pm

Claire won safety up until jury. So this is the first week she was eligible since winning that power. 

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#42Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/15/21 at 9:57pm

LOL If Claire was safe until finale the BB Twitter fans would go ape-sh*t because that would be so out there it would have been clear they were rigging the competition for her [to get second place] because no one on jury would vote for someone that literally was given an advantage to float to the finale.

Updated On: 8/15/21 at 09:57 PM

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#43Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/15/21 at 10:27pm

Fair enough. I just misunderstood. I thought that seemed like a lot at the time. Lol

It could turn out the fatal flaw (which seemed wise at the time) of The Cookout was each of them aligning with someone outside of the alliance. They didn’t factor in that their loyalty might reside more outside the alliance than with the alliance for both personal and game reasons.

It’s also a lesson to not assume any group of people act as a monolith based on shared characteristic(s).

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#44Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/15/21 at 10:52pm

*Slight potential spoiler…. I’m not adding a spoiler tag because there’s no spoiler yet….

But it seems like Claire and DX are potentially catching on to The Cookout ( not by name) and realizing there might be a super alliance they’re not apart of. Tiff definitely was alluding to DX about it but at the time it wasn’t obvious if he was catching on to what she was subtly hinting at… and not sure if she did the same with Claire, but their (DX and Claire) recent convo, makes me hope they do catch on and decide to team up to expose it.

And I LOVE The Cookout and think it’s one of the best alliances in BB History. But I also love an underdog and hate when one alliance controls the entire game. It’s this alliances success and the fact they are never together and ALL BIPOC that I don’t hate this alliance. Usually the controlling alliance are all awful privileged white people.

Updated On: 8/15/21 at 10:52 PM

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#45Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/15/21 at 10:54pm

Also I just realized this is the first season of BB that NO white dude is on jury. That’s something to celebrate (says the cis white dude).

dramamama611
#46Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:36pm

To be fair...they didn't start out with a huge number of white guys to begin with .

I didnt get Azahs being pissed off either....he didn't owe her squat. But that conversation between her was odd.

Updated On: 8/16/21 at 12:36 PM

SmoothLover
#47Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/16/21 at 8:12pm

It seems like it takes Ky forever to get to the heart of what he is talking about.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#48Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/18/21 at 5:43am

Been really loving this season. It’s been so complicated following the live feeds and I think the show is doing better at keeping up with the faster paced gameplay than we’ve had in a longtime. BB23 needed to save this show for me after the last 2 seasons, and they did it! Such a likable cast.

Tiff is my favorite so far, and Derek X. He may be the best looking contestant in the history of this program for me.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#49Big Brother 23
Posted: 8/18/21 at 11:15pm

I think nominating Derek X would be a wise move as he’s a strong competitor, but not sure if Ky would have votes to evict him.

Claire is still a strong choice to send to jury, but Tiff seems to have convinced Ky to save her.

Britini is really not a threat to anyone’s game and I’m tired of the theatrics whenever she’s on the block. But it seems like she’ll get nominated as a replacement nominee. Other than to Azah and Derek F, she’ll be a safe replacement nominee. It may be a relief to both her and us if she gets voted out. These mood swings have got to be exhausting for her.