Jagged Little Pill Tour

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 8/2/22 at 8:40am

The tour started rehearsals last week per Tom Kitt’s Instagram. Any idea when we’ll get a cast announcement? Heidi Blickenstaff was announced as MJ a few weeks ago. With the tour starting later this month I imagine we’ll hear soon? 

Updated On: 8/2/22 at 08:40 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 8/2/22 at 9:13am

The show's website has the entire cast posted.

Jagged Little Pill tour cast

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Globefan
#3Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 8/2/22 at 11:27am

Nick Healy is played by Derek Klena's younger brother 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#4Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 8/2/22 at 1:29pm

Does anyone know anything about the actor playing Jo? Google didn't return much.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Globefan
#5Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 8/2/22 at 1:38pm

Jo is played by a non-binary actor. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#6Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 8/2/22 at 1:59pm

I was hoping Grace Slear would return for the tour because they never got to play Jo on Broadway. Wren Rivera, Patten’s other understudy when the show reopened in NY last fall, is currently working on Between the Lines and is unavailable at the moment. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#7Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 8/3/22 at 8:56am

Globefan said: "Jo is played by a non-binary actor."

Yes, I got that, thanks. I was wondering more about their musical theatre qualifications, e.g., can they sing like Lauren Patten?

trpguyy
#8Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 8/3/22 at 1:54pm

Lot666 said: "Globefan said: "Jo is played by a non-binary actor."

Yes, I got that, thanks. I was wondering more about their musical theatre qualifications, e.g., can they sing like Lauren Patten?
"

There are a number of clips of Jade singing on their Instagram, both in the Reels tab and in the Story Highlights titled “sangin’”

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#9Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 4/28/23 at 5:11pm

Does anyone know of some means of learning whether Heidi Blickenstaff will play the lead during a particular tour stop? We really want to see her (again - we saw her before the show closed on Broadway), but I've heard that she's missed a lot of performances.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#10Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 4/28/23 at 5:58pm

Lot666 said: "Does anyone know of some means of learning whether Heidi Blickenstaff will play the lead during a particular tour stop? We really want to see her (again - we saw her before the show closed on Broadway), but I've heard that she's missed a lot of performances."

She suffered a foot injury last month and is on a limited schedule (5x a week). I don't think she's doing matinees.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#11Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 4/29/23 at 5:43pm

ACL2006 said: "Lot666 said: "Does anyone know of some means of learning whether Heidi Blickenstaff will play the lead during a particular tour stop? We really want to see her (again - we saw her before the show closed on Broadway), but I've heard that she's missed a lot of performances."

She suffered a foot injury last month and is on a limited schedule (5x a week). I don't think she's doing matinees.
"

Ugh. We bought matinee tickets. Might you be able to share a source for your knowledge?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#12Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 4/29/23 at 8:29pm

Lot666 said: "ACL2006 said: "Lot666 said: "Does anyone know of some means of learning whether Heidi Blickenstaff will play the lead during a particular tour stop? We really want to see her (again - we saw her before the show closed on Broadway), but I've heard that she's missed a lot of performances."

"

Ugh. We bought matinee tickets. Might you be able to share a source for your knowledge?
"

There's a Fan's Facebook group for the show that's been reporting on Heidi's schedule. 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#13Jagged Little Pill Tour
Posted: 5/21/23 at 12:17pm

We attended the 5/20/23 matinee in Tampa. Heidi did not perform, but the cast board in the lobby did not indicate that the role of MJ was being performed by anyone else, nor was there an insert in the Playbill (although there was an insert stating than an understudy would be on as Frankie), and the Playbill did not indicate that anyone else would appear in the role of MJ at certain performances (e.g., matinees). This seemed very odd.

Videos