pixeltracker

Mean Girls performance postponed in Houston

Mean Girls performance postponed in Houston

Ceej
#1Mean Girls performance postponed in Houston
Posted: 8/16/22 at 5:23pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/houston/article/Tonights-Performance-of-MEAN-GIRLS-at-the-Hobby-Center-Rescheduled-20220816

Anyone have any scoop as to what happened? Just curious as I'm supposed to go tomorrow. This was opening night, so I wonder if part of the set didn't arrive in time? They clearly had time to set up a matinee on Friday and write a release. Wonder if anyone here is "in the know" and can share what's up. Thanks!

Updated On: 8/16/22 at 05:23 PM

windowwaving
#2Mean Girls performance postponed in Houston
Posted: 8/16/22 at 5:38pm

The same thing happened in Detroit. They canceled the opening night performance an hour before showtime. Most people were already on their way to the theater - or in my case at the theater - when they told us to turn around. 

We were told it was a technical difficulty - I'm assuming it was just major screen malfunctions. 

Ceej
#3Mean Girls performance postponed in Houston
Posted: 8/16/22 at 5:41pm

The screens were my other thought. Thanks for the reply.

Det95
#4Mean Girls performance postponed in Houston
Posted: 8/17/22 at 11:59am

windowwaving said: "The same thing happened in Detroit. They canceled the opening night performance an hour before showtime. Most people were already on their way to the theater - or in my case at the theater - when they told us to turn around.

We were told it was a technical difficulty - I'm assuming it was just major screen malfunctions.
"

Yeah! The attendant at the flat lot told us as we were trying to park. The funny thing is that I checked my email before leaving my house to make sure it wasn't canceled. 

Videos