News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Det95

Member Name: Det95
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

London/West End in July  May 10 2024, 11:53:09 AM

Hijacking this thread a bit. I will also be in London the week of July 4th. I've already booked the below shows and have one slot left. I was originally planning on Cabaret, but the NY reviews tempered that a bit. Thinking Kiss Me Kate w/ SJB, but open to suggestions. Thanks!

• 2 Strangers
  • Fawlty Towers (love the TV show)
  • Starlight Express
  • Operation Mincemeat
  • Next to Normal
  • Les Mis

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 11:52:12 AM

FANtomFollies said: "kurtal said: "I sat in the balcony for Hell's Kitchen and the sound design was awful up there. Clearly the nominators sat in the orchestra."

Maybe that also explains Sweeney Todd's win for sound design last year. I sat front row Mezz and it was truly the worst sound design I have ever heard at a Broadway show.
"

Nah, I sat center orch and it was still bad

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 09:17:51 AM

Ptero2 said: "Hell's Kitchen with a Best Book nomination - hell has frozen"

After Sweeney winning Sound Design last year nothing surprises me 

OH MARY! Officially Transferring to Lyceum Theatre this Summer - 12 Weeks  Apr 25 2024, 08:00:44 AM

*looks at picture of GW* Thank you mother!

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 24 2024, 12:17:47 PM

The theatre staff may not have megaphones, but when I saw Tommy the staff outside did have a headset microphone with a speaker. I do have to say they were very pleasant though. No shouting, just directing the line which has to be stopped to not block the hotel entrance

West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne  Apr 16 2024, 03:28:31 PM

Hi All, I'm buying tickets for an upcoming trip to London and am attempting to buy table tickets for Cabaret. Is there a way to purchase a single ticket? I'm going by myself so I'd rather not have to buy two tickets. Or if someone can recommend the best place to sit I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

PATRIOTS Previews  Apr 16 2024, 07:48:08 AM

Cape Twirl of Doom said: "Saw the 2nd preview tonight, God the first act is so deathly dull and boring. The woman next to me kept nodding off. The humor just did not work at all. There were so many lines that seemed like they were supposed to get a laugh that maybe a couple people lightly chuckled at.

Second act was better at least though Putin’s change from wanting liberalization to becoming a power-hungry murderous dictator is so sudden without any real explanation

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 11 2024, 08:44:24 AM

Auggie27 said: "Two friends: "This season's Paradise Square.""

Halfway through Act 1 last night I thought “this is what seeing Diana must have felt like”, and I loved every second of it. 

SUFFS Previews  Mar 25 2024, 08:30:42 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Snooping around on PlaybillVault and it looks like SUFFS will have a 12-piece orchestra onBroadwayfor its new orchestrationby Tony winner Michael Starobin. I don't remember what it had at the Public, but that production had a different orchestrator.

• 2 keys
  • 2 reeds
  • 2 trumpets
  • trombone/euphonium
  • drums
  • guitars/banjo
  • bass
  • violin
  • cello

Additionally, Raja Feather Kelly gets the unique credit of "Development Consultant and Original Choreographer." (He was involved with the Public production but the showhas a new choreographer now, along with its new design team and orchestrator.)"

Looks like the Public run had an 11 piece band

• Keyboard
  • Guitar
  • Drum
  • Bass
  • 2 Violin
  • Viola
  • Cello
  • Flute
  • Reed
  • Trumpet

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Mar 21 2024, 01:13:52 PM

jpiedrafite said: "Just got tickets to the 5pm show on 5/11. Is it possible to see a matinee before? Thinking either Illinoise (cause it's shorter) or The Outsiders."

I saw the Teeth matinee before heading to Oh, Mary. Teeth started around 2:35 and I was on the street around 4:30. I made it with plenty of time to spare.

BCEFA Spring 2024 Collections  Mar 16 2024, 10:26:21 PM

Saw three shows today. Teeth and Oh, Mary did not collect. Days of Wine and Roses had playbills for 40 and window cards for 75. 

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 8 2024, 08:53:59 AM

Can't wait to hear reports from tonight. I'm seeing it in April. Especially curious about if the production uses the entire Overture and Underture. A number of recent revivals have either cut theirs completely or trimmed them down.

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)  Mar 7 2024, 01:15:56 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "As long as they did an automatic refund, they have the right to charge whatever they like for future performances and treat "rebooking" the same as a new ticket sale.

The bigger issue is what we saw 4 years ago when COVID burst onto the scene: nonprofits that wouldn't give people automatic refunds and instead tried to turn those purchased tickets into credits for future shows or donations towards the company, because in reality

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)  Mar 4 2024, 03:10:06 PM

How's the runtime been? It's advertised as 1:55. How accurate would y'all say that is? Especially with the 2:30 matinee. Thanks!

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)  Feb 28 2024, 08:13:17 AM

How has the run time of the show been, and has it been starting on time? I'm looking at hopefully getting one of those randomly dropped tickets for Oh, Mary, and with the 2:30 matinee start time that would be a very tight window to get downtown. 

Baker's Wife in Into The Woods Arc  Feb 28 2024, 08:09:57 AM

Kad said: "If I recall correctly, that's how she died for the entirety of the pre-Boradway run of the show at La Jolla. There used to be video of it online. It was... very anticlimactic and it's wild it made it into any performances at all.

Here's a thread from over a decade ago that has more info on all the material cut and changed in the show before it was finalized on Broadway.
"

Thank you for linking that thread. It was a fascinating read

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 21 2024, 10:14:11 AM

Broadway in Detroit announced today:

Moulin Rouge - Sep 17 - Oct 6, 2024 (Detroit Opera House)

Some Like it Hot - Oct 1 - 13, 2024 (Fisher Theatre)

MJ - Oct 23 - Nov 3, 2024 (Fisher Theatre)

Beautiful Noise - Dec 24 - Jan 5, 2025 (Fisher Theatre)

Parade - Feb 25 - Mar 9, 2025 (Fisher Theatre)

Kimberly Akimbo - Mar 11 - 23, 2025 (Fisher Theatre)

The Wiz - June 17 - 29, 2025 (Fisher Theatre)

Broadway in Detroit - Season guesses  Feb 19 2024, 08:39:11 AM
We can add Parade in now too! Super excited about that one.
2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 14 2024, 03:36:44 PM

tourboi said: "Timon3 said: "I thought the Curran Theatre went out as a independent company and left BroadwaySF?"

That was during the good days of BroadwaySF being run by the Nederlander amid a split between them and Carole Shorenstein Hayes, who owns the Curran.

When CURSED CHILD came to SF, CSH entered a management deal with ATG to oversee operations of the Curran. Now that ATG has bought the Orpheum and Golden Gate outright from the Nederla

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 14 2024, 10:15:38 AM

Broadway in Detroit has started teasing their season to be announced later this month. First one is obvi Moulin Rouge. They haven't done teasers like this before, so it's kinda exciting for us.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You