News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

THE CHER SHOW to (finally) go on tour- Page 3

THE CHER SHOW to (finally) go on tour

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#50THE CHER SHOW to (finally) go on tour
Posted: 11/25/23 at 6:28pm

Good to hear about this tour. I have tickets to see it at the State Theater in NJ in February.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#52THE CHER SHOW to (finally) go on tour
Posted: 11/30/23 at 11:00am

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0RoUWuutKi/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

First b-roll footage has been released featuring the end of I Got You Babe. It sounds and looks great.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#53THE CHER SHOW to (finally) go on tour
Posted: 2/11/24 at 11:17am

Caught the tour yesterday at the State Theater in NJ. Fairly solid production with a few letdowns. Morgan Scott as STAR was the standout. The other two actresses playing LADY & BABE were strong vocally, but their Cher accents were off as well as the acting. Mackie's costumes remain a standout for this show. The set was mostly projections and moving walls. The biggest letdown was the theme park choreography. I remember the big dance numbers from the Broadway production(Bang, Bang, Dark Lady, The Beat Goes On, Finale) and each one of this tour lacked dynamics and originality. I'd suggest seeing this tour if it's coming to a town near you. I don't believe the tour is extending past June and can't imagine any regional theater will be able to duplicate Mackie's costumes.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos